WoJobz Provides best career solutions and following listing is to apply for Abbott in Dubai,Dubai,UnitedArabEmirates 2022 exclusively on wojobz.com
About the job
Abbott is a global healthcare leader, creating breakthrough science to improve people’s health. We’re always looking towards the future, anticipating changes in medical science and technology.
The position of Collecting Officer is within our Rapid Diagnostic Toxicology business and the base of work will be within our client’s office in Dubai. The individual will be responsible for overseeing the collection activities within the Dubai center of excellence and global outstations, managing the relationship with the customer and line management.
In the Diagnostics division, we’re empowering smarter medical and economic decision making to help transform the way people manage their health at all stages of life. Every day, more than 10 million tests are run on Abbott’s diagnostics instruments, providing lab results for millions of people.
Our diagnostic solutions are used in hospitals, laboratories and clinics around the globe. The crucial information derived from our tests, instruments and informatics systems are often the first step in patient care decision making for hundreds of health conditions from heart attacks to blood disorders to infectious diseases and cancers.
Our rapid diagnostics solutions are helping address some of the world’s greatest healthcare challenges. Abbott Rapid Diagnostics is part of Abbott’s Diagnostics family of businesses, bringing together exceptional teams of experts and industry leading technologies to support diagnostic testing which provides important information for treatment and management of diseases and other conditions.
This job description will be reviewed periodically and is subject to change by management.
What You’ll Do
- Working with the customer to manage the random program of collections, both within the Dubai locations and global outstations.
- Coordinating ‘suspicion’ testing requests, ensuring that we respond to the customer as quickly as possible.
- Managing the relationship with the customer including, but not limited to, the production of management information, being the onsite point of contact for all customers queries and being the point of contact for the laboratory.
- Working with the customer to maximize their testing quota including ramping up and slowing down as and when the customer requires.
- Line management responsibilities for the Dubai based Collecting Officers
- Log, investigate and respond to customer escalations/complaints in line with our internal timescales.
- Stock control of the onsite testing equipment and management of the testing facilities in Dubai.
- Conducting specimen collections, when required in order to maintain the service to the customer.
- Remain current with all internal process, acknowledging updates within the required timeframes and participating in audits to remain competent.
- Any other reasonable duties as directed.
- Educational qualification in medical science or related field.
- 1-2 years of lab background including strong experience in managing supplier and customer relationships.
- Good verbal, written and communication skills and excellent attention to detail in English. Arabic is a plus.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft office applications, especially Word, Excel & Outlook.
- A self-motivated individual with a flexible approach to work.
- Ability to follow set processes to ensure the right outcome.
- Pioneering – Continually work with the business to support and review processes within the team, discussing and implementing improvements as agreed with the Customer Operations Director.
- Achieving – Communicating effectively ensuring our external and internal customers receive the right information at the required point to make informed and appropriate decisions which support the business goals.
- Caring – Supporting customers and colleagues to achieve the desired outcomes keeping business needs in mind within the decision-making process. Understand the impact of the actions taken or omissions made within your role and how these affect others both internally and externally. Using this information to ensure only positive outcomes.
- Enduring – Ensuring current or changes to any process ensure the long term success of the collection business and retain and grow our customer base.
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that can help you build your future and live your best life. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity. Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Dubai,Dubai,UnitedArabEmirates
Application Deadline: N/A