Website Accor North Central America
WoJobz Provides best career solutions and following listing is to apply for Accor North Central America in Hamilton, Hamilton city, Bermuda 2022 exclusively on wojobz.com
At Hamilton Princess & Beach Club, our approach to Human Resources begins with selecting the best candidates to join our global team of service professionals committed to turning moments into memories for our guests. As a member of our Engineering team, your strong technical and mechanical skills and passion for problem resolution will contribute to the efficient management of our physical plant and ensuring that guest have an exceptional experience.
Summary Of Responsibilities
Reporting to the Director of Facilities Operations, responsibilities and essential job functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Consistently offer professional, engaging and proactive guest service while supporting fellow Colleagues
- Demonstrate Fairmont core values in all interactions
- Ensure all physical operations including refrigeration, heating, ventilation and air conditioning, plumbing, water treatment, and electric systems are clean and maintained
- Plan, implement and monitor an effective Preventative Maintenance Programme
- Develop and manage an effective inventory control process
- Manage, coordinate and negotiate contracts with external contractors, vendors to ensure that collaborative working relationships are maintained
- Ensure the hotel complies with all Government regulations pertaining to building code requirements, health, fire and life safety programmes
- Implement, monitor and maintain a cost effective energy management programme and monitor the Hotel’s Energy Management system (EMS)
- Establish and maintain quantitative standards of performance and utilize performance management principles to maximize employee productivity
- Provide training in Health & Safety and ensure employees adhere to the policies and procedures, emergency procedures, loss prevention protocols, WHMIS etc.
- Supervise and direct maintenance colleagues in the operation and maintenance of the mechanical and physical plant
- Ensure prompt response to maintenance requests from our guests, colleagues and management of the Hotel
- Actively participate in the hotel’s energy management, occupational health & safety and environmental programmes
- Strict adherence to all Health & Safety training, guidelines and work practices previous, during and following an epidemic (whether local or global) that are established by Accor, local government, international bodies including the World Health Organization (WHO) and Center for disease control (CDC).
- Perform any other duties, tasks, and assignments within your department as required.
- At least 4 years previous experience in a similar position within a luxury hotel is required
- A 4th Class Power Engineering is required
- A Degree/diploma in Engineering or trade certification on Building Management is an asset
- Ability to read, understand and interpret Engineering and Building Blueprints is required
- Demonstrated knowledge of all regulations such as building codes, fire and health department requirements
- Proven leadership, team development and management skills
- Proven experience in managing multi-million dollar large-scale infrastructure projects is required
- Proven record of sound technical judgment and effective management of complex projects
- Superior organizational, strategic planning, project management, analytical and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous improvement and awareness of cutting edge facilities management technologies and strategies
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office programmes and general computing literacy is required
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Walking, standing, bending, pushing and pulling anywhere from 6 – 8 hours a day.
- Requires constant repetitive motion.
- Environmental stress is high – work in extreme weather conditions, high noise level and utilize hazardous machinery.
Company: Accor North Central America
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Hamilton, Hamilton city, Bermuda
Application Deadline: N/A