WoJobz Provides best career solutions and following listing is to apply for AECOM in Gauteng,SouthAfrica 2022 exclusively on wojobz.com
About the job
The Senior Environmental Scientist will assist and provide support to Environmental & Social Studies for various AECOM projects in the African and Middle East region. In addition, you would act as liaison and advisor on environmental, social and related issues for projects and to assist to grow the business in Africa by compiling proposals and representing the AECOM brand to identified clients.
- Assist in the compilation of South African-based Basic Assessments, Scoping and Environmental Reporting Processes, Water Use Licenses, Environmental Management Programmes and Social Assessments.
- Assist in the compilation of Environmental and Social Impact Assessments in compliance with international standards and guidelines (e.g. IFC Performance Standards / World Bank Guidelines).
- Conduct field investigations to quantify, analyse, evaluate and verify environmental data and aspects.
- Assist in preparation and evaluation of analytical data.
- Undertake business development activities including: Client identification, correspondence and compilation of project proposals in line with the regional strategy.
- Project manage medium to large sized projects including budget control, task development, and client and stakeholder liaison.
- Work effectively within the Middle East and African environmental management team.
- Effectively illustrate the ability to balance and meet multiple deadlines.
- Support the environmental management business to execute its strategy in Africa.
- Lead the development of proposals, managing the interface with technical specialists from around EMEA
- Provide support and advise on Environmental and Social matters on projects
- Demonstrate expertise to clients and build trust by reliably meeting commitments.
- Written and oral communication (including meetings and presentations).
- Build a broad working knowledge of scope of AECOM’s practices, products, and services for cross selling and marketing opportunities.
Specific skills required
- Must be proficient in MS Office application software
- Must have valid code 8 driver’s license
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience within the environmental consulting or environmental management field.
- Excellent knowledge of Environmental legislation.
- Excellent knowledge of Environmental International Standards and Guidelines.
- Proven experience in conducting Environmental Projects in compliance with International Standards and Guidelines (e.g. IFC Performance Standards / World Bank Guidelines).
- Proven experience in at least one key sector (i.e. power, water, oil and gas, large infrastructure)
- Proven experience in conducting Environmental Due Diligence Assessments would be an advantage.
- At least a BSc (Hons) Degree in Environmental Management or Suitable Equivalent.
- Registration with SACNASP or EAPASA or Equivalent is required.
What We Offer
We will give you the flexibility you need to do your best work with hybrid work options. Whether you’re working from an AECOM office, remote location or at a client site, you will be working in a dynamic environment where your integrity, entrepreneurial spirit and pioneering mindset are championed.
You will help us foster a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion – a safe and respectful workplace, where we invite everyone to bring their whole selves to work using their unique talents, backgrounds and expertise to create transformational outcomes for our clients.
We will encourage you to grow and develop your career with us through our technical and professional development programs and diverse career opportunities. We believe in leadership at all levels. No matter where you sit in the organization you can make a lasting impact on the projects you work on, the teams and committees you join and our business.
We offer competitive pay and benefits, well-being programs to support you and your family, and the development resources you need to advance your career.
When you join us, you will connect and collaborate with a global network of experts – planners, designers, engineers, scientists, consultants, program and construction managers – leading the change toward a more sustainable and equitable future. Join us and let’s get started.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
Job Category Sciences
Business Line Water
Business Group Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
Country South Africa
Position Status Full Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 270999BR
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Gauteng,SouthAfrica
Application Deadline: N/A