WoJobz Provides best career solutions and following listing is to apply for Aha in Mahaica, Demerara-Mahaica, Guyana 2022 exclusively on wojobz.com
Aha! is a very different type of high-growth SaaS company. We are self-funded, highly profitable, and 100 percent remote. We provide the world’s #1 product development software so teams can build products that customers love. More than 600,000 product builders use our suite of tools which includes Aha! Roadmaps , Aha! Ideas , Aha! Create , and Aha! Develop . And they rely on our training programs via Aha! Academy to become product development experts. We are recognized as one of the best fully remote companies to work for, champion the Bootstrap Movement , and have given over $1M to people in need through Aha! Cares . Learn more at www.aha.io .
Aha! engineering is a mid-sized, fully remote team that is highly productive. We are centered around North American time zones so we can collaborate during the workday.
- We move quickly: We ship code multiple times a day. We believe in getting new features in front of customers and iteratively improving as we learn what works and what does not.
- We collaborate: We each bring unique experiences and skills to the table. Working together to share that knowledge benefits the entire team and helps us produce the best results for our customers.
- We value product over process: We want the team to have the time and focus to solve complex challenges. We aim to minimize the overhead introduced by heavyweight processes and excessive meetings.
- We enjoy: We like what we do. And we want you to love your job too. Learn more about The Responsive Method , our company values , and the generous benefits we offer.
Our web application is a single-instance, multi-tenant Ruby on Rails monolith supported by Postgres (database), Redis (background jobs), and memcached (Rails caching). We also run a Node.js webserver to support collaborative editing and real-time updates. Our application is hosted on Amazon Web Services and architected with ECS for reproducibility and scalability.
Some Of The Features We Have Built With React Include
We use React for rich client-side experiences on the front end.
- Our fully collaborative text editor : Supports multiple cursors and simultaneous editing by any number of users. We also published a blog post explaining the underlying technology.
- Our presentation editor : Allows users to create presentations with slide themes, shapes, text, and embedded Aha! reports (which update live so the presentation is always current).
- Our Gantt chart : Supports scaling and scrolling to change the timeline, drag-and-drop, and quick actions to create records or sort the bars.
We embrace new technologies that help us deliver a lovable product, but we also remain cognizant of the maintenance overhead that a new library or platform brings. We solve the problems in front of us, rather than prematurely optimizing to address issues that may never materialize.
We do most of our planning and collaboration in Aha! Roadmaps and built Aha! Develop so that software engineers and their teams could take advantage of those same rich features. We use Slack and Zoom for video calls. (Email? Rarely.)
We believe that being a kind person who elevates the rest of the team is just as valuable as writing great code. You have strong problem-solving skills and experience working on important functionality for a cloud-based product. You are humble, eager to learn, and always willing to help others learn as well. You want to work with people who enjoy picking up a problem and solving it, regardless of the technologies and techniques involved.
All of our engineers work across the full stack. As a Senior Front End Engineer, you can expect to spend the majority of your time working with React or HTML/CSS.
Your work at Aha!
Front End Engineer, Your Work Will Include
We work on a broad range of features across the full stack. As Sr.
- Implementing new features for our users, touching each layer of the MVC as needed
- Building deeply interactive reporting interfaces using React
- Working proactively with product and UX to refine and iterate on specifications as the feature takes shape
- Optimizing browser performance on screens and components that render large quantities of data to ensure Aha! is snappy and satisfying to use
- Interfacing directly with users to quickly squash bugs as part of our regular customer support rotation
- Documenting components in our style guide to help drive consistency
If the Sr. Front End Engineer role sounds appealing, we would love to hear from you. (A real human reviews every application.)
Grow with us
- Generous salary with annual profit sharing for all
- Medical, dental, and vision plans — for many teammates, we cover 100 percent of the premiums
- Up to 200 hours of paid time off a year to spend however you want
- 30 to 90 days of paid parental leave and five to 10 days of paid care and bereavement leave
- Up to $1,000 annually for third-party education, along with paid time off to immerse yourself in learning
- Aha! contributes a percentage of your total compensation each year towards your retirement
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Mahaica, Demerara-Mahaica, Guyana
Application Deadline: N/A