WoJobz Provides best career solutions and following listing is to apply for Airbus in Portsmouth,England,UnitedKingdom 2022 exclusively on wojobz.com
About the job
Start date: 02 October 2023
Every year we look for university graduates from around the world to join Airbus. We need people with the aspiration, enthusiasm and the talent to help us move forward and to change the world and deliver our vision to pioneer sustainable aerospace for a safe and united world.
When you begin your career with us, we accelerate your development through our Airbus Global Graduate Experience. You are part of a 2 year programme where you develop your professional skills, build your networks, locally and internationally, and gain a unique perspective on the world of Airbus. You are part of a global community, so we bring you together once a year for a global graduate conference where you meet your peers, hear from our leaders and learn from the best. We are hiring the graduates we need to fill the critical roles for our future.
By the end of the programme, our aim is that you are ready to progress, having already demonstrated your value. You will have developed your skills in an area that is strategically important for Airbus, you will know about the Airbus business, the opportunities, challenges and needs, and you will have learned more about yourself, and what makes you great. Above all you will have the opportunity to do your best work in an industry that is literally reshaping how we live in our world. If you are ready to join and be part of this journey please apply below.
What You Will Be Doing
You will be on a development pathway to prepare you to be a Commodity Manager and can expect to be involved in the following;
- Define, develop, implement and manage a commodity strategy for equipment sourcing, including risk management, to optimizing the value for money to meet the requirements of the internal business lines. This shall be achieved through a Multi-Functional Team (MFT) approach
- Manage the overall business relationship with suppliers.
- Define and lead the supplier selection process.
- Manage the contracting phase or the sourcing phase and monitor global supplier performance
- Monitor / evaluate global supplier performance, and lead development plans with suppliers.
Throughout Your Experience, You Will Learn To
- Create and develop relationships within Airbus and with external parties
- Set-up activities to contribute towards strategic goals
- Gather and use business, technical and commercial information from Suppliers
- Develop a greater understanding of Satellites products
- Develop negotiation skills
This role will involve working in an international environment (within Airbus) and with suppliers on all continents. You will have opportunities for business travel to interact and develop throughout the programme.
What We Look For
To be a successful applicant to the Airbus Global Graduate Programme, you will need to demonstrate;
- Educated to a degree level or equivalent within a relevant field of study
- Maximum of three years relevant work experience
- Strong verbal and written communication in our business language (English)
- A desire to work in a collaborative team environment, focused on driving future innovation
- The ability to be self-aware and a wish to be in the driving seat of your development.
- Proactive attitude and good interpersonal skills
- Willingness to work in an autonomous way within a wider support network
What You Will Need To Apply
Degree type: International Business Degree, Engineering Degree
Specific Experience Or Interests
- Project management Experiences
- Engineering knowledge or understanding
- An interest in Space environment
- Any exposure to international environment or foreign languages (through personal or professional experiences)
Please ensure that a cover letter detailing motivations and suitability for this position is included in your application.
Please note, we love your interest in working for Airbus but we do ask that you make only one application to the Airbus Global Graduate Programme. We encourage you to take time to decide which of our exciting opportunities is right for you and then submit an application that best represents you, your skills and experience in connection with the role you have selected.
Please note that depending on the number of applicants the posting can be taken offline earlier. If you are interested we would advise you to apply as soon as possible.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
AIRBUS Defence and Space Limited
Permanent Contract / CDI / Unbefristet / Contrato indefinido
Entry Level / Débutant / Anfänger / Recién titulado
Sourcing, Buying and Ordering
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.
Airbus is, and always has been, committed to equal opportunities for all. As such, we will never ask for any type of monetary exchange in the frame of a recruitment process. Any impersonation of Airbus to do so should be reported to [email protected]
At Airbus, we support you to work, connect and collaborate more easily and flexibly. Wherever possible, we foster flexible working arrangements to stimulate innovative thinking.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Portsmouth,England,UnitedKingdom
Application Deadline: N/A