Website Anglo American
WoJobz Provides best career solutions and following listing is to apply for Anglo American in London,England,UnitedKingdom 2022 exclusively on wojobz.com
About the job
Note – this position can be based in the UK or South Africa (other locations may also be considered)
With headquarters in London, UK, and operations located throughout the world, Anglo American is truly global. We employ more than 60,000 colleagues worldwide and run mining operations across Southern Africa, North and South America and Australia. Anglo American’s purpose is to reimagine mining to improve people’s lives and is committed to creating a Living Mine that brings positive value to the people and environment where we operate.
The purpose of Technical & Sustainability (T&S) in Anglo American is to drive the future of mining. The development and sustainability of our assets depends on the highest levels of technical advice, based on strategic and operational analysis of mining opportunities across the Group’s portfolio. This means we benefit from the latest and most relevant innovations, always making safety the priority.
Group Carbon Neutrality’s purpose is to create value for our shareholders, employees, and communities through industry-leading Carbon Neutrality performance by 2040. Addressing emissions reductions in scopes 1 and 2 through decarbonisation of electricity and fuels. Working with the sites and JV Partners to implement renewable energy at the sites in Southern Africa. Working to develop a network-connected energy grid to power site activities and new initiatives – nuGen, fuel cells, storage, electrification, and further low carbon projects with the 24/7 green power required.
We are seeking a Principal Carbon Accreditation Manager to develop and manage the accreditation of carbon projects in Anglo American, manage its carbon credit balance sheet and enable the Company’s position in a carbon economy.
Responsibilities will include:
- Development of the Group Carbon Credit Policy (Avoidance / insetting / offsetting)
- Carbon Market Intelligence (Survey and synthesise credit market insights for the Group, Understand and map global legislation and regulatory landscape (incl. Article 6 impacts), Support Group Finance in insights for Carbon tax policy)
- Credit Development (Accreditation agency engagement and collaboration, Plan and lead accreditation process for internal inset projects, Plan and lead internal development and certification of novel credit measurement methodologies, Mapping and synthesis of relevant existing measurement methodologies & standards, 3rd party Credit Supplier development)
- Credit Management (Manage Group credit portfolio – accounting, retiring and assurance, Plan and ensure execution of credit measurement and verification (incl. permanence and leakage), Coordinate together with Group marketing team the sale of credits, where applicable)
- BSc technical discipline (Biosciences, Forestry, Geoscience, Chemical)
- Desirable: A postgraduate qualification (Masters / Doctoral degree or equivalent) in a relevant technical discipline
Skills / experience required:
- Experience in accrediting emissions reduction protocols through relevant agencies (Gold Standard, Verra, etc.) for multiple project types
- Experience in the design, development and execution experimental field trials and the development of measurement protocols
- Practical understanding of carbon-related legislation and regulations
- Deep understanding of global voluntary and compliance carbon markets
- Experience in engagement with accreditation bodies
- A reasonable understanding of the extractive industries
- Demonstrated experience in integrated project planning and delivery
- Fluency in English
- Desirable: fluency in Spanish or Portuguese
Company: Anglo American
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: London,England,UnitedKingdom
Application Deadline: N/A