Developer in Barclays Chennai,TamilNadu,India
WoJobz Provides best career solutions and following listing is to apply for Barclays in Chennai,TamilNadu,India 2022 exclusively on wojobz.com
About the job
Job Title: Developer
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Risk and Control Objective
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life.
If you would like some flexibility, then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
- The Senior Developer will support the development and maintenance of a reporting framework for the provision of information to clients. The role will focus on the provision, checking and cleaning of data and undertaking regular and ad-hoc analysis.
- The role requires advanced SQL knowledge to perform ad-hoc analysis for reporting
- The role involves development of Ab-initio graphs. MI queries, fetching data, creating scripts in Teradata, Hadoop. Scheduling in TWS/Unix/ Linux.
- To assist other areas in ensuring that the framework meets formal planning, regulatory, or other reporting requirements
- To participate in Testing and automation activities.
- To document all data processes and ensure that all working practices have been audited and signed off.
- Clearly communicate results of complex analysis and models to technical and non-technical audience.
What will you be doing?
- Working with business areas to obtain/clarify detailed requirements for the projects
- Proposing options to meet business area requirements and prepare cost/benefit for the business area to evaluate.
- Documenting all work in accordance with agreed standards and with re-use in mind.
- Conducting reviews of supplied specifications, with others as necessary.
- Taking part in reviews of own work and leading reviews of colleagues’ work.
- Completing assignment work to budget, time and quality requirements. This includes a combination of performing operational support tasks to agreed service standards and supporting enhancements or other technical projects.
- Developing plans to ensure delivery of work.
- Assisting with the creation, monitoring and reporting of progress against plans and identifying corrective action where necessary.
What We’re Looking For
- Min years’ experience in Data warehousing projects
- Good knowledge of database management systems – strong in SQL
- Experience in ETL development – good knowledge in UNIX scripting, Ab-initio
Skills That Will Help You In The Role
- Extremely strong numeric and analytical skills.
- Experience of Barclays systems, data, products and processes
- Experience in BI tools, data modelling
Where will you be working?
Be More at Barclays
At Barclays, each day is about being more – as a professional, and as a person. ‘Be More @ Barclays’ represents our core promise to all current and future employees. It’s the characteristic that we want to be associated with as an employer, and at the heart of every employee experience. We empower our colleagues to Be More Globally Connected, working on international projects that improve the way millions of customers handle their finances. Be More Inspired by working alongside the most talented people in the industry, and delivering imaginative new solutions that are redefining the future of finance. Be More Impactful by having the opportunity to work on cutting-edge projects, and Be More Valued for who you are.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Purpose, Values and Mindset
We deploy finance responsibly to support people and businesses, acting with empathy and integrity, championing innovation and sustainability, for the common good and the long term.
Our values underpin everything we do: Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship.
We harness the power of diversity and inclusion in our business, trust those we work with, and value everyone’s contribution.
We operate with honesty, transparency and fairness in all we do.
We act with empathy and humility, putting the people and businesses we serve at the centre of what we do.
We champion innovation, and use our energy, expertise and resources to make a positive difference.
We prize sustainability, and are passionate about leaving things better than we found them.
Our Mindset shapes how we take action, living by our Values, driven by our Purpose, always with our customers and clients at the heart of what we do; our Mindset is to Empower, Challenge and Drive.
Trust and support each other to deliver. Make decisions with those closest to the topic. Include diverse perspectives. Celebrate success and learn from failure.
Question whether things can be done better. Use insights based on data to inform decisions. Be curious about how we can adapt and improve. Speak up and be open to alternative viewpoints.
Focus on outcomes. Deliver with pace. Be passionate and ambitious about what we do. Take personal responsibility. Actively build collaborative relationships to get things done.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Chennai,TamilNadu,India
Application Deadline: N/A