WoJobz Provides best career solutions and following listing is to apply for Barclays in Pune,Maharashtra,India 2022 exclusively on wojobz.com
About the job
Job Title Avaloq Developer
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Risk and Control Objective
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life.
If you would like some flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
The Application Development team in Pune predominantly supports the International Private Bank business and operations teams situated in UK, Europe, Asia, and the Middle East. This is an exciting opportunity to work with the latest Avaloq technology and its satellite interfaces to assist Barclays Wealth to expand further into these international areas.
- Will be responsible for the delivery of quality solutions across multiple software development projects. They will be skilled in their technical field with relevant experience of the techniques and tools being used. They will work on all phases of software development within a project as a team member:
- Working with business areas to obtain and clarify detailed technical requirements; Designing, coding and unit testing software components for new or enhanced IT systems to a high level of quality;
- Providing technical support to Development Leads and Business Analysts; developing an in-depth awareness of relevant software design /development tools and processes, with the aim of providing technical assistance to support their assignment area.
What will you be doing?
- Rapidly learn WEALTH/BARCAP applications.
- Rapidly learn the Wealth Management and Investment Banking domain.
- Ability to perform end to end business requirement analysis.
- Providing low level technical design of solutions across different modules.
- Coding and unit testing of the solution.
- Work with testers to verify the solution.
- Rework defects and take part in defect analysis
What We’re Looking For
- Masters or Bachelors Degree (preferably in Computer Science/Engineering)
- Min 3 years application development experience, of which the last 2 years have been Oracle PL/SQL in banking applications/ products (Avaloq knowledge would be an added advantage).
- Experience in large IT organisation working in a support environment, supporting mission critical complex systems utilizing a large number of technologies and heavy reliance on batch processing.
- Oracle PL/SQL / Avaloq script
- Knowledge of UNIX , Agile Central and SVN
- Working knowledge on any banking products. Experience with Avaloq or alternatively in other core banking solutions (e.g. Finacle, T24, BaNCS etc.)
Skills That Will Help You In The Role
- Software development lifecycle.
- Good to have working knowledge of JIRA, Confluence, Visio, Service Now and Agile.
- In depth knowledge of and proven track record in financial services industry.
- Excellent overall knowledge of banking application and in depth knowledge of several of the functional modules like security trading, order management, settlement, corporate actions, credit, payments etc.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
Where will you be working?
Be More at Barclays
At Barclays, each day is about being more – as a professional, and as a person. ‘Be More @ Barclays’ represents our core promise to all current and future employees. It’s the characteristic that we want to be associated with as an employer, and at the heart of every employee experience. We empower our colleagues to Be More Globally Connected, working on international projects that improve the way millions of customers handle their finances. Be More Inspired by working alongside the most talented people in the industry, and delivering imaginative new solutions that are redefining the future of finance. Be More Impactful by having the opportunity to work on cutting-edge projects, and Be More Valued for who you are.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Purpose, Values and Mindset
We deploy finance responsibly to support people and businesses, acting with empathy and integrity, championing innovation and sustainability, for the common good and the long term.
Our values underpin everything we do: Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship.
We harness the power of diversity and inclusion in our business, trust those we work with, and value everyone’s contribution.
We operate with honesty, transparency and fairness in all we do.
We act with empathy and humility, putting the people and businesses we serve at the centre of what we do.
We champion innovation, and use our energy, expertise and resources to make a positive difference.
We prize sustainability, and are passionate about leaving things better than we found them.
Our Mindset shapes how we take action, living by our Values, driven by our Purpose, always with our customers and clients at the heart of what we do; our Mindset is to Empower, Challenge and Drive.
Trust and support each other to deliver. Make decisions with those closest to the topic. Include diverse perspectives. Celebrate success and learn from failure.
Question whether things can be done better. Use insights based on data to inform decisions. Be curious about how we can adapt and improve. Speak up and be open to alternative viewpoints.
Focus on outcomes. Deliver with pace. Be passionate and ambitious about what we do. Take personal responsibility. Actively build collaborative relationships to get things done.
You Must Meet The Following Eligibility Criteria
To apply, upload a copy of your updated resume on Taleo.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pune,Maharashtra,India
Application Deadline: N/A