WoJobz Provides best career solutions and following listing is to apply for Barclays in Pune,Maharashtra,India 2022 exclusively on wojobz.com
About the job
Job Totle : Data Engineer
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Risk and Control Objective
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility, then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
At a high level the purpose of the role is to provide support to a new Compliance Data & Analytics Centre of Excellence and drive continuous improvement activities across Compliance with a focus on data analysis and insights.
What will you be doing?
- Leadership, Influence and Execution: Report progress on Data & Analytics strategy to Director, Compliance Data Strategy & Innovation. Engage in industry developments particularly in the RegTech and data space. Collaborate with key partners such as Technology, Quant (Risk) and Chief Data Office to ensure capability plans are in line with broader enterprise roadmaps.
- Strategy and Plan: Play an active role in ensuring on time delivery of the Compliance Data & Analytics strategy and lead and execute against agreed deliverables from Programme Increments following Agile Methodology and DevOps processes. Oversee and facilitate data engineering design (e.g. data architecture, data modelling) and execution (e.g. data mapping, ETL development) as well as feature and label engineering for proof-of-concept / sandbox activities across the Compliance community, and industrialise & automate data engineering designs with Technology using best practices (e.g. performance, reusability, governance, quality).
- People and Organisation: Lead the rollout and embedment of Data & Analytics techniques across the Compliance function. Support the development of colleagues within Compliance. Undertake line management responsibilities for functional and operational direct reports. Support a training programme across Compliance from the expert to the wider Compliance organisation.
- Ways of working: Implement and maintain an effective Compliance Data & Analytics operating model to support the effective risk management and oversight of Conduct and Reputational risks, aligned to the Enterprise Risk Management Framework. Role-model collaboration across Compliance and the enterprise. Be accountable to other Compliance Management Team members when leading on initiatives in their areas of responsibility.
- Digital First Mindset: Bring an understanding of technologies used in banking (and other sectors) and role-model intellectual curiosity and continuous learning related to emerging technology. Utilise and evangelise a wide range of Big Data and Cloud technology and tools to support and accelerate activities, e.g. Hadoop, Spark, Python, Scala, SQL, AWS, MLflow.
What We’re Looking For
- Experience of data-driven storytelling – Proven ability to explain data analysis, insights and capabilities to audiences with differing technical backgrounds.
- Expert in data sourcing – Liaise with data source owners to understand available data sets, define regular data extracts to facilitate manipulation/analysis within the appropriate tooling.
- Expert using computer languages (e.g. Python, R, SAS or similar) for data analysis. The ability to manipulate data and visualise insights from large and varied data sources (e.g. Tableau).
- Expert in data quality review. The ability to review all core components of a deliverable to ensure each link in the chain is robust, accurate and performant before the final solution is released to end users.
- Delivery, project management and execution – Ability to oversee, drive and track project deliverables from initiation through to completion, including accountability for escalation of risks to stakeholders
- Experience of operating in a robust data governance environment and managing sustainable, scalable data infrastructures with consideration to security, privacy and risk.
Skills That Will Help You In The Role
- Relevant professional qualification(s) or postgraduate degree.
- Experience with new technologies in delivering banking services and digital customer / client experience.
- Experience of data architecture and assets development.
- Ability to provide strong people leadership, performance management and talent development.
- Experience of enterprise risk management and working across silos, departments and working cultures.
- Knowledge of critical regulation and guidance covering conduct risk in the context of personal data and technologies e.g. GDPR (EU), Regulation B (US), CONC (UK), etc.
- Experience of working in a regulatory oversight role (such as compliance, risk, controls, audit, assurance, privacy) in the retail or investment banking sector with a focus on consumer and client conduct risk.
- Demonstrated hands-on experience delivering a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, neural networks, text analytics / Natural Language Processing) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks.
Where will you be working?
Be More at Barclays
At Barclays, each day is about being more – as a professional, and as a person. ‘Be More @ Barclays’ represents our core promise to all current and future employees. It’s the characteristic that we want to be associated with as an employer, and at the heart of every employee experience. We empower our colleagues to Be More Globally Connected, working on international projects that improve the way millions of customers handle their finances. Be More Inspired by working alongside the most talented people in the industry, and delivering imaginative new solutions that are redefining the future of finance. Be More Impactful by having the opportunity to work on cutting-edge projects, and Be More Valued for who you are.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Purpose, Values and Mindset
We deploy finance responsibly to support people and businesses, acting with empathy and integrity, championing innovation and sustainability, for the common good and the long term.
Our values underpin everything we do: Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship.
We harness the power of diversity and inclusion in our business, trust those we work with, and value everyone’s contribution.
We operate with honesty, transparency and fairness in all we do.
We act with empathy and humility, putting the people and businesses we serve at the centre of what we do.
We champion innovation, and use our energy, expertise and resources to make a positive difference.
We prize sustainability, and are passionate about leaving things better than we found them.
Our Mindset shapes how we take action, living by our Values, driven by our Purpose, always with our customers and clients at the heart of what we do; our Mindset is to Empower, Challenge and Drive.
Trust and support each other to deliver. Make decisions with those closest to the topic. Include diverse perspectives. Celebrate success and learn from failure.
Question whether things can be done better. Use insights based on data to inform decisions. Be curious about how we can adapt and improve. Speak up and be open to alternative viewpoints.
Focus on outcomes. Deliver with pace. Be passionate and ambitious about what we do. Take personal responsibility. Actively build collaborative relationships to get things done.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pune,Maharashtra,India
Application Deadline: N/A