WoJobz Provides best career solutions and following listing is to apply for Barclays in Chennai,TamilNadu,India 2022 exclusively on wojobz.com
About the job
Job Title: FLM – Funding Assessment AVP
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Risk and Control Objective
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life.
If you would like some flexibility, then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
Contribute to the Funding Assessment Centre of Excellence success, by supporting Treasury’s effort on liquidity risk metrics and requirements. Support the translation of these requirements into the Barclays context and ensure the right organisational capabilities are built to manage liquidity risks effectively and efficiently. Participate in cross-departmental forums to represent Funding Assessment.
What will you be doing?
- Support initiatives under Liquidity Reporting Programme (one of Treasury’s top priorities) which aims to improve timeliness of liquidity reporting (including creation of enhanced liquidity flash). This would involve close collaboration with IT/Reporting teams and building tactical/strategic tool to aid liquidity metrics explain;
- Support in production and maintenance of models and methodologies related to liquidity metrics and work with control functions to obtain approval;
- Be part of developing and reviewing model documentation for Treasury/Liquidity models;
- Be part of configuring and updating Treasury/Liquidity models in the strategic Model Execution platform (FISCUS-MEE)
- Involve in Treasury changes initiatives including working with IT in automation under supervision;
- Perform impact analysis including data-mining, data visualisation (e.g. Qlik, Hypercube, Tablaeu.), and coding (e.g. SQL, Python R);
- Understand end-to-end model life-cycle: Development, Validation, Calibration, Implementation and Documentation;
- Assist in reviewing the application of regulation to liquidity metrics;
- Assist in assessing key regulations and regulatory metrics impacting Barclays’ approach to Liquidity Management. These include, but are not limited to, LCR, NSFR, PRA110, and ALMM regulations;
- Assist in translating these external requirements into a Barclays context;
- Assist in implementing regulatory reporting enhancements with partner functions such as IT, Reporting teams, Risk and businesses;
- Assist in closing out conformance points and audit points;
- Support the production of ILAAP
What We’re Looking For
- Experience in the financial services industry;
- Basic understanding of the Regulatory framework in which FLM operates;
- Good relationship management skills, with an ability to develop and maintain strong, open and trusted relationships with a variety of stakeholders outside of the immediate team;
- Strong communication skills and the ability to communicate clearly and concisely to treasury senior management through written and verbal mediums.
Skills That Will Help You In The Role
- Experience within a Liquidity (Risk) Management function;
- Knowledge of the liquidity regulatory metric calculation methodologies (in particular LCR, NSFR and PRA110) and its underlying drivers;
- Experience working on Regulatory deliverables;
- Exposure to complex organisational transformation involving a wide range of stakeholders;
- Degree educated with a relevant qualification (ACA, CFA);
- Regulatory and/or consultancy background.
Where will you be working?
Be More at Barclays
At Barclays, each day is about being more – as a professional, and as a person. ‘Be More @ Barclays’ represents our core promise to all current and future employees. It’s the characteristic that we want to be associated with as an employer, and at the heart of every employee experience. We empower our colleagues to Be More Globally Connected, working on international projects that improve the way millions of customers handle their finances. Be More Inspired by working alongside the most talented people in the industry, and delivering imaginative new solutions that are redefining the future of finance. Be More Impactful by having the opportunity to work on cutting-edge projects, and Be More Valued for who you are.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Purpose, Values and Mindset
We deploy finance responsibly to support people and businesses, acting with empathy and integrity, championing innovation and sustainability, for the common good and the long term.
Our values underpin everything we do: Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship.
We harness the power of diversity and inclusion in our business, trust those we work with, and value everyone’s contribution.
We operate with honesty, transparency and fairness in all we do.
We act with empathy and humility, putting the people and businesses we serve at the centre of what we do.
We champion innovation, and use our energy, expertise and resources to make a positive difference.
We prize sustainability, and are passionate about leaving things better than we found them.
Our Mindset shapes how we take action, living by our Values, driven by our Purpose, always with our customers and clients at the heart of what we do; our Mindset is to Empower, Challenge and Drive.
Trust and support each other to deliver. Make decisions with those closest to the topic. Include diverse perspectives. Celebrate success and learn from failure.
Question whether things can be done better. Use insights based on data to inform decisions. Be curious about how we can adapt and improve. Speak up and be open to alternative viewpoints.
Focus on outcomes. Deliver with pace. Be passionate and ambitious about what we do. Take personal responsibility. Actively build collaborative relationships to get things done.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Chennai,TamilNadu,India
Application Deadline: N/A