Website Boston Consulting Group BCG
WoJobz Provides best career solutions and following listing is to apply for Boston Consulting Group BCG in Johannesburg,Gauteng,SouthAfrica 2022 exclusively on wojobz.com
About the job
Who We Are
Boston Consulting Group partners with leaders in business and society to tackle their most important challenges and capture their greatest opportunities. BCG was the pioneer in business strategy when it was founded in 1963. Today, we work closely with clients to embrace a transformational approach aimed at benefiting all stakeholders—empowering organizations to grow, build sustainable competitive advantage, and drive positive societal impact.
Our diverse, global teams bring deep industry and functional expertise and a range of perspectives that question the status quo and spark change. BCG delivers solutions through leading-edge management consulting, technology and design, and corporate and digital ventures. We work in a uniquely collaborative model across the firm and throughout all levels of the client organization, fueled by the goal of helping our clients thrive and enabling them to make the world a better place.
Practice Area Profile
What You’ll Do
As a Product Owner Lead at BCG Platinion, you will work on some of the most interesting business challenges across industries.
You will work closely with clients and collaborate with fellow BCGers to:
- Define (e.g. client change transformations from process- to product-led and define what to build what value it would bring)
- Develop (e.g. MVPs and pilot product squads)
- Enable (e.g. coaching product squads and leadership)
- Lead (e.g. manage Platinion case teams)
For clients seeking to undergoing change transformations you will be consulting and advising clients on how to shift from being process-led to product-led. You will shape define how product fits and operates within the new client organisation.
You’ll lead teams to conceptualize innovative product solutions to complex business problems. This will involve organising & facilitating ideation and incubation sessions to uncover creative and disruptive digital solutions. This will result in providing the client with an actionable roadmap for the client to execute themselves or up to MVP collaboratively with BCG.
For clients seeking support to build and deliver, you will lead delivery teams in building a range of products & services that could include responsive digital apps, APIs and data solutions to drive digital transformation projects. A key part of this will be taking ownership of business outcomes, product vision, prioritisation, product backlogs (complete ownership or partnering with client Product Owner), eliciting requirements from key stakeholders and developing user journeys and roadmaps. Following product deployment and adoption you will encourage continuous improvement among your stakeholders.
You will lead and drive the Digital Product and Services functions end-to-end (establish culture, establish sustainable pace for team’s work, maintain pipeline of products and projects, ensure on-time and on-budget delivery of product and projects, partner with Design, Engineering, and Architect teams and provide weekly status reports). You will likely work on multiple prototypes at the same time as well as facilitate client demos. Though much of your role will be focused on technology products, you will also deliver service change, process change and development of new customer experiences. You will need to confidently communicate with business stakeholders and sponsors in order to be successful.
For clients seeking to build capabilities you will work alongside the client team coaching both their product teams and leadership on how to instil and sustain product thinking for high value delivery. This is as much around the techniques for product design and delivery as it is around the culture and mindset required within an organisation for those techniques to be successful.
In your role you are likely to manage Platinion case teams and be accountable for the outcomes and responsible for enabling the team.
You will be expected to provide team members with clear structure and support as well providing feedback during the case. A strong grasp of agile principles and methodology is essential, as well as the ability to adapt it to the case environment
What You’ll Bring (Experience & Qualifications)
We’re looking for exceptional talent from consulting, industry or both to join us. You would typically have:
- 10+ years’ of experience of end-to-end product ownership across either or both in consulting and industry
- Leadership potential to transform the consulting industry in particular around interaction with management consultants, designers, architects and engineers
- Experience of working in and leading multi-disciplinary teams (Designers, Engineers, Product Owners, Architects) within a fast-paced environment whilst maintaining calm under pressure
- Experience in launching products, both digital and otherwise across industries (preferable) either in industry itself and/or consulting
- Proven success working in and promoting a rapidly changing, collaborative, and iterative product development environment
- Experience delivering products to all the way to market, including have knowledge of the necessary considerations (e.g. legal, compliance, finance, etc.) and leading or supporting in designing and implementing service designs that embed quickly within organizations to smite sustainable change
- Evidenced understanding and application of human centered design and delivery
- Fluency in a range of tech (inc. web, data, ERP, etc) to direct, inspire and drive technologists within agile teams
- A Bachelor or Master’s degree with above average academic performance in an area applicable to Product Management, Human Centred Design or equivalent professional experience
Who You’ll Work With
- BCG Managing Directors and Partners (MDP’s)
- PLA Managing Directors (MD’s)
- BCG Consultants at all levels
- PLA Consultants at all levels
- Clients, vendors, partners
Company: Boston Consulting Group BCG
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Johannesburg,Gauteng,SouthAfrica
Application Deadline: N/A