Website Cancer Research UK CRUK
WoJobz Provides best career solutions and following listing is to apply for Cancer Research UK CRUK in Shop,England,UnitedKingdom 2022 exclusively on wojobz.com
About the job
Retail Store Manager
Permanent, Full time, 37.5 hours per week (must be flexible across days)
£22,275 – 27,425 per annum + excellent benefits
We will be shortlisting throughout the recruitment process so please make sure to apply as soon as possible to be considered.
Application method: In our commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, we operate an anonymised shortlisting process. Please therefore ensure that you have completed the work history section of the application form in full and that you have answered all application questions, as this is the information we will be using to shortlist. CVs are required to be uploaded for all applications, however they will not be reviewed as part of the shortlisting process.
Do you have retail management experience? Are you a commercially aware manager with a passion for charity, keen to engage with your local community? If so, we have a fantastic opportunity at our Hammersmith Store as Store Manager.
Shifts will work on a rota basis, flexibility is needed to meet the needs of the business.
We have over 1700 members of staff working across our network of 600 shops, with the united goal of having 3 out of 4 survivors of cancer by 2034. With more shops opening this coming year, it’s a great time to join us. As the most successful retail chain in the charity sector, our stores raise more money for our cause than anyone else on the high street, last year bringing in £26.4 million.
As a Shop Manager at Cancer Research UK you will have the opportunity to join our Retail Academy which will support you through your first 12 months and provide you with the training that you need to succeed in your role. With a comprehensive and high-quality training programme, we’re giving our Shop Manager new recruits the opportunity to complete an apprenticeship as part of your induction. The level 3 ‘Retail Team Leader’ qualification will be part of your CRUK Retail Academy induction. We’ll give you more detail about the programme when you join us
In this varied role you will be instrumental to making sure the store is at the hub of the local community. You will act as the face of Cancer Research UK, raising public awareness of our campaigns. To find out more about our retail teams click here
For the full job description and more about working with us click here
- Being responsible for the day to day operational running of your store.
- Guiding, inspiring and engaging a group of volunteers.
- Attracting and recruiting volunteers for your store.
- Managing paid staff.
- Organising and running creative fundraising events for your store.
- Ensuring top quality donations to your store, making sure you hit targets and keep it running at a profit.
- Leading by example and getting stuck in! (For example, with stock processing – sorting, steaming, pricing and displaying a high volume of donations).
- Implementing effective processes to support the smooth running of the store/stock room.
- Commercial awareness
- Knowledge of high street fashion retail
- Experience of managing a diverse team of people
- Comfortable with working to key performance indicators (KPI’s)/sales targets
- Experience of using computers for business purposes
What Are The Perks….
- Running your shop, your way
- 25 days annual leave increasing with service.
- Competitive pension scheme, season loan tickets, and deals at your favourite restaurants.
- Dedicated retail trainer and on-hand learning and development teams
- Owing to the nature of this position, any offer of employment for this role will be subject to a satisfactory basic DBS check.
We are implementing the necessary PPE and social distancing measures within our stores upon reopening to ensure the safety of our staff and customers. During the recruitment process, we will aim to carry out all our interviews virtually where possible for the safety of managers and candidates.
At CRUK we value diversity and we’re committed to creating an inclusive culture where everyone is able to be themselves and to reach their full potential. We actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and cultures and believe that a diverse workforce will help us to beat cancer sooner. Unfortunately we are unable to recruit anyone below the age of 18, so that we can protect young people from health & safety and safeguarding risks. Should you need any adjustments to the recruitment process, at either application or interview (such as, but not limited to: information in a different format, more time for an assessment, a virtual/F2F interview) please contact us on [email protected]
Company: Cancer Research UK CRUK
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Shop,England,UnitedKingdom
Application Deadline: N/A