Website Crossover for Work
WoJobz Provides best career solutions and following listing is to apply for Crossover for Work in Accra, Greater Accra, Ghana 2022 exclusively on wojobz.com
Crossover is the world’s #1 source of full-time remote jobs. Our clients offer top-tier pay for top-tier talent. We’re recruiting this role for our client, gt.school. Have you got what it takes?
The American educational system has stopped working. The standard curriculum is stuck in the stone age and has not evolved to meet the needs of the new generations. While every parent wants their children to become successful and independent adults, A+ grades are no guarantee of a bright future. What’s the use of knowing how to build a rocket if you can’t pitch the idea to make it happen or cope with the stress of producing it?
With that in mind, we created gt.school – an educational startup that teaches GT kids valuable life skills across three proven tracks: Entrepreneurship, Finance, and Creator. Our remote program smashes the standard four-wall, teacher-led system: using adaptive learning apps, workshops, one-on-one coaching, and a community that empowers collaboration. We furnish GT kids with the skills required for succeeding in life, not just in the classroom.
Here’s the problem: personal finance management doesn’t sound that exciting for a 12-year-old, so we need to transform our scientifically proven life skills into content that grabs their attention. The content must be engaging, entertaining, and resonate with US teens, so we are looking for creative writers who can relate with GT kids and understand US culture.
This role will allow you to transform learning life skills into a fun activity and help create a better future for GT kids. Ready to put your skills to use?
What You Will Be Doing
- Building the course content. Based on a list of life skills, you will create content that enables 11- to 15-year-olds to master the skill, and then continue to iterate to make each lesson more and more exciting to learn.
What You Won’t Be Doing
- Writing academic content. This role is about producing content to teach life skills in a fun and engaging manner.
- Choosing the skills or conducting pedagogical research. We have already created a research-backed list of life skills.
- Being an instructor. You will not lead the workshops or deliver the content, only create it.
Copywriter Key Responsibilities
- Motivating gifted and talented kids to learn critical life skills by creating entertaining educational content
- Excellent writing skills
- Deep understanding of trends and content that engage US students aged 11-15
- Experience with GT kids – you have either worked with one or been one yourself
gt.school is a stealth educational startup in Austin, Texas, the center of educational innovation in the US. We are building an online community focusing on the most underserved customer base in US education – gifted and talented (GT) kids. We are a remote first company who hires globally via Crossover.
There is so much to cover for this exciting role, and space here is limited. Hit the Apply button if you found this interesting and want to learn more. We look forward to meeting you!
Working with Crossover
This is a full-time (40 hours per week), long-term position. The position is immediately available and requires entering into an independent contractor agreement with Crossover. The compensation level for this role is $50 USD/hour, which equates to $100,000 USD/year assuming 40 hours per week and 50 weeks per year. The payment period is weekly. Consult www.crossover.com/help-and-faqs for more details on this topic.
What to expect next:
- You will receive an email with a link to start your self-paced, online job application.
- Our hiring platform will guide you through a series of online “screening” assessments to check for basic job fit, job-related skills, and finally a few real-world job-specific assignments.
Important! If you do not receive an email from us:
- First, emails may take up to 15 minutes to send, refresh and check again.
- Second, check your spam and junk folders for an email from Crossover.com, mark as “Not Spam” since you will receive other emails as well.
- Third, we will send to whatever email account you indicated on the Apply form – by default, that is the email address you use as your LinkedIn username and it might be different than the one you have already checked.
- If all else fails, just reset your password by visiting https://www.crossover.com/autheset-password if you already applied using LinkedIn EasyApply.
Crossover Job Code: LJ-4797-GH-Accra-Copywriter.002
Company: Crossover for Work
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Accra, Greater Accra, Ghana
Application Deadline: N/A