WoJobz Provides best career solutions and following listing is to apply for Deloitte in England,UnitedKingdom 2022 exclusively on wojobz.com
About the job
This is an exciting opportunity for someone looking to take the next step in their Communications career, joining our central UK Internal Communications & Engagement team and supporting a diverse group of internal stakeholders.
This role offers someone with a few years of professional Communications experience the chance to plan, edit and deliver all sorts of comms to the various service line audiences within Deloitte – that’s everyone from tax experts to lawyers to risk specialists to consultants. Although sitting in the UK central team, you will partner with the Heads of Internal Communications across the firm, working on both tactical and project work, ensuring our communications land effectively and our two-way conversations add value.
You’ll need to be confident, creative, energetic and commercially aware – understanding the role of effective internal communication (and engaged employees) in supporting the success of a large, complex organisation like Deloitte. This is a role that needs resilience and a can-do attitude. In return, it’s great professional development for anyone with Internal Communications ambitions. Read on for more!
As part of a small, agile team you will work closely with the Heads of Internal Communications and Chiefs of Staff in the various ‘service lines’ of the UK firm to develop and maintain communications plans, plan and deliver news stories, digital newsletters, webinars etc. This is primarily a tactical role, with loads going on day to day, but also includes some strategic and project work, too.
This role is currently scoped as a 12-month Fixed Term Contract as we explore a new support model for our senior Internal Communications professionals. If this model works well, there’s the possibility that this role will become permanent. And in the meantime, you’ll be working at the heart of the world’s leading professional services network: Deloitte.
The successful candidate will need to understand how internal communications integrate with all other communications across Deloitte, ensuring these are aligned to the firm’s strategy and purpose. You’ll also need to quickly develop a sound understanding of Deloitte’s business, issues, strategic ambition and organisational structure.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Work closely with the Heads of Internal Communications in Deloitte’s service lines to plan and deliver a drumbeat of regular communications across their brief.
- Tactical delivery of newsletters (we use Poppulo email for this), intranet content on SharePoint, webinars, Yammer community engagement, face to face events and other communications activity.
- Work closely with our service line Chiefs of Staff when necessary, to plan and draft regular communications (including monthly newsletters) on topics such as diversity and inclusion, climate, responsible business and learning and development.
- Planning and execution of a number of O365 channels for the business, small areas to be trailed and tested first before larger group set up. Planning for more push pull communications programme as part of the ongoing improvement to overall employee experience.
- Support measuring the effectiveness (qualitative and quantitative) of our communications channels and content, and make recommendations for short-, medium- and longer-term improvements.
- Provide ad-hoc communications support to leadership (particularly those without dedicated comms support) where required.
- Support other UK firmwide Internal Communications & Engagement team members and the wider communications and engagement team in priority projects and any other tasks as required.
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Location: Hybrid working, based out of any Deloitte office as your main hub.
Work pattern: We encourage consideration of flexible ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is of interest to you with some flexibility, please do discuss with us.
Your professional experience
- Excellent copywriting, editing and proof-reading skills (a writing test will form part of the interview process
- Professional communications experience
- Experience of writing and sending email newsletters (we use Poppulo)
- Experience of managing multiple tasks, projects and stakeholders in a fast moving and continuously changing environment – this person must be highly organised
- Be a creative thinker who also has good attention to detail – great ideas and high-quality standards are the backbone of the team’s reputation
- Commercial awareness – solid understanding of business landscape for Deloitte and the wider economy, with a grasp of the role internal communications can play in supporting business objectives
- Strong interpersonal skills, with ability to build solid relationships and gain credibility with stakeholders at multiple levels
- Resilience, confidence to stand firm and say no when needed, while remaining diplomatic and consensus-driven
- Motivated and equally able to work as part of a team and autonomously
- Positive, hard-working, and resilient
Additional desirable experience
- Journalism training, writing qualification or education background in languages, humanities, or other writing-based studies
- Experience of email marketing platforms
- Experience of technologies including all typical office applications, Microsoft SharePoint based websites/portals, HTML, Yammer, Photoshop or similar
- Experience of video and livestream events
- Experience of working in professional services and/or partnership.
Your service line: Enabling Functions
At Deloitte, we’re all about making an impact that matters, together. And nowhere is this more apparent than among our 2,000 strong Enabling Functions teams. With our combined specialist skills and business partnering expertise, we provide all the essential strategy, support and advice our client-facing colleagues need, right across the firm. This enables them to focus all of their efforts on delivering the best service possible to their clients. So not only will you be providing world-class support to our internal clients, you’ll be making an impact for all the hugely influential organisations Deloitte works with too. Covering all our distinct areas: Human Resources, Clients & Industries, Finance & Legal, Central Business Services, National Quality & Risk Management, Technology & Digital Services, and Real Estate, the opportunities here are vast. And what’s more, you can grow your career in whatever direction you choose. We’ll support you all the way.
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your “Immediate Family Members” are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society – defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it’s about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Central Mediterranean (Italy, Greece, Malta), Ireland, the Middle East (Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Palestinian Ruled Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen), the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,700 partners and over 50,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.
What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It’s how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most.
For a full job description please visit our online Deloitte Careers portal.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: England,UnitedKingdom
Application Deadline: N/A