WoJobz Provides best career solutions and following listing is to apply for Diageo in Victoria, Seychelles 2022 exclusively on wojobz.com
Job Title: Quality Assurance Technician
Reports To: Quality Assurance Manager
Seychelles Breweries has been operating in Seychelles since 1972 and is part of Diageo International.
SBL is proud of its heritage, growth of its brands and people.
It enjoys a market leader position as a premium drinks company but is facing an increasingly tough and challenging business environment.
SBL’s operational activities include Manufacturing (Brewing & Packaging) of Beers, RTDs and Soft drinks, Marketing, Sales and Distribution (both SBL products and Diageo Spirits).
The Operations department’s role is critical to ensure consistent supply of our products at the right time, volume, quality and cost whilst keeping everybody on site safe.
We strive to achieve outstanding customer service, improve the value of our assets, protect the reputation of our business and brands, enable innovation and ensure our people grow and develop.
This role is key in ensuring that quality assurance and quality control activities are consistently of high quality standards at both process stages and finished product.
Purpose of Role
To ensure bench work quality control determination are carried out in accordance with SBL quality procedures and specifications for the attainment of high quality products.
- Sampling in various brewery departments and sample preparation
- Determination and reporting of analytical parameters, as appropriate and as specified. Working within guidelines to ensure that results are repeatable and communicate to service departments and Quality Assurance Coordinate
- Working with the appropriate parts of the supply function (as the need arises) to assist them in delivering products of the highest quality in terms of content and presentation.
- Compiling daily/weekly monthly reports, graphs etc.
- Calibration and maintenance of laboratory equipment
- Attending Level 1 meetings in Packaging, Brewing and Utilities
- Conduct Audit as may required and implement corrective action generated from Audit
- Participate in 5-Why root cause problem solving and identifies root causes for performance issues at their workstation
Key Performance Areas
- Accurate, Precise, Timeous Analytical Results
- Service /Support Provision
- Quality Shift report & data accuracy
- Equity sample compliance
- Good Laboratory Practice Compliance
- Housekeeping and 5S in the lab
- Support achievement of Quality KPI’s (QI, PPM Defects, Cost of Quality, Quality Incident & Isolations)
- Investigate customer / consumer complaints
- Managing of isolation and rework stock.
- Compliance to Company Requirements & Standards (ISO 9001 and FSSC 22000)
Qualifications And Experience Required
- Tertiary Qualification in Food Technology, Biotechnology, Chemistry any other Science related field Experience -A Levels, NIHSS ect..
- At least 2 years laboratory experience
- Independent, Confident, Self-motivated
- Have a “can-do” demeanour
- Great teammate
- Team member management
- Good Interpersonal skills
- Digital literacy skills
- Values the differences in people and treating everyone with respect and integrity.
- Stands for what they feel are right, important, and honest.
- Capable of challenging others and comfortable with being challenged.
- Able to demonstrate self-assurance and a confident way of working always.
Barriers to Success in Role
- Inability to influence colleagues and associates
- Low level of cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Inability to juggle multiple priorities & work to a series of tight deadlines
- Lack of Logical thought
- Lack of Communication
- Lack of Feedback
- Lack of Self-motivation, Drive and Energy
Additional Locations :
Job Posting Start Date
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Victoria, Seychelles
Application Deadline: N/A