WoJobz Provides best career solutions and following listing is to apply for Dimagi in Dakar, Dakar, Senegal 2022 exclusively on wojobz.com
Dimagi is an award-winning social enterprise and a certified B-corp and Benefit Corporation. We build software solutions and provide technology consulting services to improve the quality of essential services for underserved populations. Our open-source technology platform, CommCare, is the world’s most widely-used and researched mobile data collection platform for frontline workers. Our choice to be a certified B-Corp and Benefit Corporation sends a clear signal to our partners, our team members, and our communities that we not only believe but also take action in using business as a force for good. Together they combine our passion and commitment to tackle complex health and social inequities and work towards a brighter future for all.
About The Research And Data Team
Dimagi has a long history of partnering with academics and leading research to contribute knowledge and disseminate and share learnings with the broader digital health community. The Research and Data (RAD) team at Dimagi is tasked with producing high-quality research outputs relevant to Dimagi.
About The Position
Dimagi is looking for a Data Fellow to join our RAD team. This is a 12-month fixed-term position with the possibility for extension. This position will work remotely with colleagues based in the US and UK.
Please Note: This position will be required to overlap their working hours with at least four hours of regular working hours in the UK (GMT) and two hours of EST working hours.
This position’s responsibilities will span across several RAD priorities, including supporting research projects, project work and prospective analysis to generate insights for internal and external teams.
Dimagi’s CommCare platform is one of the most widely adopted and technically advanced digital platforms. Users in 130+ countries used CommCare applications in 2021, and more than 400 million people have been registered in a CommCare application. De-identifying the metadata from over a decade of CommCare projects allows us to understand how these tools are being used and opportunities to better support countries, programs, and frontline workers directly.
The Research Data Fellow will be part of Dimagi’s RAD team, where we research digital solutions intended to improve the health and quality of life of individuals living in low-resource, underserved communities. This role will support research projects, current and future data-driven project work, and exploratory initiatives to develop high-quality research outputs to share and disseminate learnings with larger communities.
This position is ideal for someone who enjoys small, dynamic teams; multi-tasking; and a highly flexible work environment. Our team shares a passion for rigorously thinking through problems quickly and dynamically exploring the issues we face.
As a Research Data Fellow, you will undertake a number of responsibilities, such as:
- Develop or adapt existing data analysis R or Python code to generate descriptive visuals and analysis to support exploratory data analysis
- Develop and expand on documentation of best practices for data analysis, including best practices for code, sharing results, using tools, and building models
- Contribute to thought leadership around the appropriate application of analytics and necessary preconditions
- Generate both technical and non-technical documentation and communication materials (blog posts, papers, reports, customer outreach, etc.) to convey results of data work for internal and external audiences
- Conduct monitoring and evaluation activities to monitor system integrity for live research systems. This will include reviewing standardized reports and generating ad-hoc analyses based on user feedback from support channels.
- Provide technical backstopping for research projects
- Configure mobile technology system solutions such as CommCare, TextIt, Google or Facebook Ads
- On an as-needed basis, conduct time-sensitive data analysis tasks (i.e., SQL queries, etc.) to answer specific questions or explore usage or patterns in the data. This may require communicating these findings directly to other Dimagi stakeholders
Required Experience And Skills
The ideal candidate will have the following types of professional experience:
- Bachelors degree in computer science, data science, statistics or related field with 2+ years of experience in data analysis or data science
- Experience in relevant software, especially data analysis software (Python / Jupyter Notebook / R Notebooks) and data visualization tools or libraries (Tableau, Power BI, Superset, ggplot, matplotlib, etc.)
- Experience presenting findings of research or analysis and clearly documenting requirements for analysis work-products or deliverables
- Research experience: completed a research project and has a demonstrated understanding of the research process / scientific method
- Healthcare experience: either in healthcare data or public health data collection methodologies and workflows
- Cloud-based data analysis: experience with cloud data stores (e.g., RDS, Snowflake, etc.) and cloud computing / remote data analysis
- Architecture and modeling: Solid understanding of analytic data architecture and data modeling concepts and principles, including data lakes, warehouses and marts
Compensation and Benefits:
We aim to make a difference, not just as a company, but as an employer as well. We are transparent about salaries at all levels of the organization and have a standard, global, non-negotiable pay scale for all positions. Given our social mission, our budgeted salary scale is more in-line with that of a non-profit organization. The compensation and benefits provided to you will be dependent on where you are geographically based.
Dimagi is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate and support diversity and are committed to providing a work environment that is inclusive and free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on individual qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, ethnicity, gender identity and expression, national origin, family or parental status, veteran or disability status.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Dakar, Dakar, Senegal
Application Deadline: N/A