Website Durham University
WoJobz Provides best career solutions and following listing is to apply for Durham University in Durham,England,UnitedKingdom 2022 exclusively on wojobz.com
About the job
UNIVERSITY OF DURHAM
Business Relations Manager
Job Number: 22001594
Department: International Engagement and Careers Faculty of Business
Salary range: £35,333 – £42,155
Permanent – Full Time
The role has the opportunity of international travel.
At Durham University we are proud of our people. A globally outstanding centre of educational excellence, a collegiate community of extraordinary people, a unique and historic setting – Durham is a university like no other. We believe that inspiring our people to do outstanding things at Durham enables Durham people to do outstanding things professionally and personally.
About the role
This is an exciting role, providing the right individual with the opportunity to grow business and recruiter relationships in a global market. You will be developing and managing relationships with multi-national corporations and national and regional business of all sizes. You will create, implement and review business development planning that targets and markets to key sectors and locations across the globe and is reflective of our student base. As well as attracting new businesses and organisations to the school, you will also be account managing existing ones, ensuring the school deepens the relationships with key organisations towards being corporate partners. Essentially you will be working with organisations to source recruitment opportunities for our students, experience-based scenarios and projects, guest speakers and manage industry insights and forums. You’ll be working on creating and developing solutions which influence the employment prospects, skills and capabilities of our students and alumni.
The role is influential in helping the school climb international rankings and enhance its international standing. Your work will help make our students a success and in turn grow the success and influence of the business school.
You’re a friendly, people person, who has the determination to make an impact, achieve results and take things to the next level. You will be an outstanding communicator, networker and relationship builder, with a strong track record of growing and developing and growing business relationships and opportunities. Core to making the IEC team effective is the teamwork ethos, so you’ll be a team player who will support others and get stuck in when others need help.
What you need to demonstrate when you apply
When you apply it is important that you let us know what skills/experience you have from a similar role and/or what skills/experience you have which would make you right for this role. Where a criteria has an asterix* next to it, it may be given additional weighting when your application is considered. Your application should cover the following criteria:
- Significant recruitment or consultative business development experience; ideally developed internationally.
- Significant relevant and proven ability in results focussed relationship development and management.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to develop excellent working relationships both internally and externally.
- The ability to make professional and effective presentations to corporate partners, academic and management staff and postgraduate students.
- An in-depth understanding of the selection process as well as the needs of recruiters and candidates.
- Proven IT skills, including use of Microsoft Office and social media.
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent experience).
- Five GCSE’s at least Grade C or level four (or equivalent) including English Language and Mathematics (or equivalent experience)
- Experience of being able to network effectively and develop strong and productive working relationships, to influence perceptions of the University and deliver effective collaborations.
- Ability to contribute to planning at operational level.
- Self-motivated with a real drive to succeed, resilient and enthusiastic.
- Ability to operate within a strong team-working environment in addition to working individually.
- Ability and willingness to undertake national and international travel and work outside normal office hours, including weekends.
- Experience in a corporate b2b environment.
- Experience of working in or with higher education institutions.
- Experience and knowledge of the global graduate and experienced hire employment market.
- Experience or knowledge of the Chinese business and labour market.
- Ability to speak and write in mandarin would be an advantage.
What you need to submit to apply
- A CV.
- A supporting statement or covering letter which outlines how you meet all of the criteria within the Person Specification. Please take care to ensure that you have demonstrated how you meet the requirements.
For a chat about the role or any further information please contact Neil Armstrong Senior Manager International, Engagement and Careers at [email protected]
Closing date: 26 October 2022.
Potential interview date: w/c 17 November 2022
Company: Durham University
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Durham,England,UnitedKingdom
Application Deadline: N/A