Website Essex County Council
WoJobz Provides best career solutions and following listing is to apply for Essex County Council in Chelmsford,England,UnitedKingdom 2022 exclusively on wojobz.com
About the job
Apprenticeship, Full Time
£9,280 per annum
Working Style: Anywhere worker
Closing Date: Sunday 11th September
Are you an aspiring Solicitor?
Are you keen to get your first taste of the legal profession but unsure how?
Do you want a legal career without the university fees?
If so, then our Solicitor Apprentice vacancy might be the role for you!
Essex Legal Services provide high quality, professional, legal advice across the Council and to external clients, enabling them to make well informed decisions which positively impact on service delivery whilst meeting statutory requirements.
They work closely with senior leaders to make a real difference to the delivery of the business of the Council and the business of their clients.
The Solicitor Apprentice is a brand-new role within ECC. For this position you will be studying towards a Solicitor Apprentice Standard Level 7 via the University of Law. On completion of the apprenticeship, you will awarded an LLB in Legal Practice and Skills.
Essex County Council is seeking a motivated and enthusiastic individual to join Essex Legal Services team as a Solicitor Apprentice.
As a Solicitor Apprentice you’ll spend 20% of your working week studying, with the remaining time being for you to undertake a comprehensive programme of training and development through planned placements throughout Essex Legal Services in order to gain a broad base of qualifying legal experience.
This is a developmental role, offering the opportunity to undertake a six-year programme of placements throughout Essex Legal Services, in addition to online learning one day per week of study with the University of Law to work towards your LLB university degree, completion of the SQE 1 and 2 and the study of other key skills including the preparation of a work-based portfolio of evidence.
Across the 6 years you will be involved in up to 6 different placements in the service. In the first 2-3 years, you will carry out routine administrative tasks in the legal team – you’ll be exposed to various legal work and tasks as well as support such tasks at a secretarial level so you can build up your academic and professional skills set.
In the second 2-3 years as a Solicitor Apprentice, you will be undertaking trainee-level tasks. On a regular basis you will support the legal service in various aspects, including carrying out legal research, drafting legal documents and correspondence, taking instructions and identifying clients’ requirements and goals under the supervision of a qualified Solicitor.
This position provides the work-based experience to compliment the learning-based elements of the Apprenticeship Framework and will offer you a supportive environment in which to gain a wealth of experience and transferable skills.
If you are looking to become a crucial part of a friendly, welcoming and high achieving team, this could be the opportunity you are looking for.
The starting salary will be the National Apprenticeship Wage, currently £4.81 per hour. After 12 months service the salary will increase to National Living Wage (currently £9.50 per hour). With further increments during the apprenticeship tenure.
As a Solicitor Apprentice you will complete a comprehensive programme of training and development to obtain the required skills, knowledge, values, behaviours and competencies to be awarded an LLB in Legal Practice and Skills.
Complete the SQE 1 and 2 examinations within the agreed, contracted timeframe (SQE 1 in the penultimate year of study, and SQE 2 in the final year of study).
As this is a development opportunity your duties will vary over the course of the apprenticeship. In the first two-three years, you will carry out routine administrative tasks in the legal team and fulfil a planned programme of job placements in the legal service across the various teams.
In the final three years as a Solicitor Apprentice, you will be undertaking trainee-level tasks. You will assist with the delivery of routine tasks, dealing with day to day work including (but not limited to):
- Meet all required criteria at the end of each placement for progression.
- From year 4 onwards, prepare a work-based portfolio of evidence.
- Undertake a wide range of projects, duties and responsibilities to achieve high standards within each placement and demonstrate the deliverable outcomes as agreed at the start of the programme.
- Conduct proceedings and transactions under the supervision and training of a qualified solicitor including: attending courts and tribunals; drafting legal documents and correspondence; taking instructions and identifying clients’ requirements and goals; evaluating and assessing information, evidence and legal issues including carrying out research.
- Build strong professional relationships within the council to improve cross function understanding and partnership working.
- Specific individual and shared targets and objectives are defined annually within the performance management framework.
The Experience You Will Bring:
- Educated to ‘A’ level (or equivalent) standard, with 3 A Levels at Grade C (or above) and/or L3 CILEX Paralegal Apprenticeship
- 5 GCSE’s (or equivalent), including English and maths, at Grade 4 / C or above
- Ability to review own performance and progression to learn from successes and setbacks.
- Evidence of the ability to develop skills and knowledge.
- Working knowledge and understanding of Microsoft office and reasonable keyboard skills.
- Good communication skills with the ability to work with others to achieve tasks and deliver results.
- A positive attitude: a ‘can do’ approach, good work ethic and willingness to learn
We would strongly advise including a supporting statement with your application.
Assessment Centres will be held w/c 26th September
Expected start date will be in December 2022, with the apprenticeship commencing in January 2023
To read more about us please visit:
Corporate Services: https://www.workingforessex.comole/corporate-services
Entry to Work: https://www.workingforessex.com/working-here/entry-to-work
If you have queries on this role or require anything further, please email: [email protected]
Company: Essex County Council
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Chelmsford,England,UnitedKingdom
Application Deadline: N/A