WoJobz Provides best career solutions and following listing is to apply for EY in SaintHelier,England,UnitedKingdom 2022 exclusively on wojobz.com
About the job
EMEIA Acquisitions Project Manager
Job Rank: Manager
Function: Global Tax
Scope (location): EMEIA – Flexible (current team primarily based in London)
Supported by: GDS Tax Analysts (EY Knowledge)
In alignment with EY Tax Next Wave strategy, the Global Tax Acquisitions & Alliances team works with the business to drive the inorganic growth efforts for Tax.
The team reports into the Global Tax Alliances and Acquisitions Leader.
Acquisitions are a key component of EY’s growth strategy for Tax. They are critical to accelerating the transformation and growth of our practices and achieving our goal to become the #1 Tax Firm by revenue. The team helps the business in a number of ways, from exploring their strategy to identifying gaps that could be filled with inorganic opportunities, through sourcing and supporting with the execution of those opportunities in collaboration with other functions such as Corporate Development, and local Tax leaders.
As the business continues to drive investment into inorganic growth, we are seeking a Project Manager to support with execution of acquisitions. This role will be part of the Global Tax Acquisitions & Alliances team, reporting into EMEIA (Europe, Middle East, India and Africa) leadership as the activities will be focused in the EMEIA Area.
This role is for someone who can work effectively with our EY Tax Leadership, relevant SSL (Sub-Service line) teams, our Corporate Development Office (CDO) and the EY Knowledge organisation in order to successfully progress activities supporting EY Tax inorganic priorities.
The role will require a proactive attitude to effectively prioritize and scope work, agree outcomes and deliver according to timescales, often managing multiple activities in parallel.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to combine an understanding of strategy with business acumen and a pragmatic execution mindset in order to support the practical execution of the strategy, from high level stakeholder engagement to executing a deal.
A collaborative approach is also crucial, as the role requires the team to engage the wider acquisitions network across the firm including CDO and Area/Region based teams.
The day-to-day elements of the job fall under two categories:
- Deal execution:
- Working with deal sponsors to progress deals post-NDA at pace, supporting the business / financial analysis of the target, business case development and guiding sponsors through our acquisition process
- Support transaction management, Working with the CDO, Legal, Tax, Talent and other teams on various workstreams to progress targets through due diligence, integration planning and execution of acquisitions
- Assist CDO in providing business assumptions to be reflected in valuation / financial models
- Support deal sponsors and Regional leadership to develop executable integration plans
- Secondary deal execution activities you may be asked to be involved in:
- Identify key priority areas for focus of acquisition activity
- Work with range of stakeholders across EMEIA to identify potential acquisition targets
- Coordinate with the research team to gather preliminary information on the target to review with stakeholders
- Project Manage key activities to support the execution of the Global Tax inorganic strategy:
- Updating pipeline of deals, working with sponsors, knowledge and other members of the acquisition network to ensure the inorganic pipeline is maintained and proactively managed
- Support with reporting, including for global investment committee and leadership meetings
- Participating in activities to communicate and engage stakeholders in the inorganic strategy and / or progress of key acquisitions
- Strong project management skills, the ability to prioritise work, and meet tight deadlines and be comfortable working independently with minimal guidance
- Willingness to learn about a new sector / industry (i.e. EY Tax)
- Demonstrated aptitude for quantitative and qualitative analysis, including solid Excel skills
- Experience with investment/business case development and evaluation.
- Strong written and oral communication skills (i.e. be able to create succinct executive level power point presentations and business cases, highlighting relevant financial and strategic elements of the deals)
- Must be able to understand / interpret financial statements to assess the health of a business.
- Ability to work with and motivate a variety of global stakeholders to deliver successful projects and initiatives
- Be proactive and innovative with an ability to anticipate risks and mitigate accordingly
- Strong strategic thinking to be able to understand how a target aligns with the Tax strategy and future direction.
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Experience executing deals (i.e. from business case development through to close, and post-close integration).
- Business modelling experience (i.e. be able to input into models to quantify acquisition synergies).
- Experience developing integration plans and supporting the business to achieve the original business case benefits.
- A detail oriented nature e.g. listening to what senior stakeholders want and being able to translate this into high quality busines cases / acquisition strategies, ensuring pipeline reports are accurate, etc.
What We Look For
We are looking for candidates who are highly motivated, driven, and have a passion to be part of a fast-paced, successful transaction team. Being a strong team player is also important as well as someone who is happy to work flexibly over a number of deals across the EMEIA and Globally.
What Working At EY Offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Build your legacy with us.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: SaintHelier,England,UnitedKingdom
Application Deadline: N/A