Website GB Railfreight
WoJobz Provides best career solutions and following listing is to apply for GB Railfreight in Peterborough,England,UnitedKingdom 2022 exclusively on wojobz.com
About the job
Are you an accomplished Account Manager looking for an exciting new role? Here at GB Railfreight we are recruiting due to an internal promotion. Career progression is only one of the many reasons to join us!
Working as part of a close-knit and friendly team you’ll play an instrumental role in the development and success of our Rail Services department by building relationships to maximise the profitability of a variety of our Rail Services contracts across the country.
We are a fast paced business that is consistently seeing YOY growth and need someone with a proven track record in B2B Account Management and from a commercial environment. You must be highly organised, service orientated and ready to go the extra mile for your clients. If you are from the rail industry this would be advantageous but a willingness and desire to learn about this expansive industry is a must.
The location of the role is flexible, with regional offices in Peterborough, Doncaster and London
- You will manage a diverse range of customer contracts; ensuring they are fit for purpose to suit the needs of the business whilst ensuring that any issues are resolved in a timely and appropriate manner
- You will also be required to present monthly revenue/performance targets for each contract at meetings with senior members of staff as well as compile regular performance statistics.
- Liaise with Planning and Control functions to ensure the smooth delivery of contractual obligations.
- Managing customer accounts and ensuring accurate billing within the correct timescales
- Understanding and reviewing the Management accounts to ensure services are delivered as efficiently and robustly whilst maintaining P&L responsibility.
- Developing relationships with the customer to retain and expand on existing contracts’
- Assisting in the development and implementation of new business opportunities seeking opportunity to increase revenue
- Provide cross-cover within the Rail Services team during times of annual leave or busy periods
- Commercial acumen
- Advanced Microsoft office suite (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- GCSE’s (or equivalent) English and Maths (Grade C or above)
- Good interpersonal skills
- Report writing skills
- Ability to take ownership of end to end contract delivery
- Knowledge of railway operations
- Account manager experience
- Understanding of Contracts – demonstrating the ability to handle difficult management situations
- The role also requires you to have a clean driving licence and due to the geographical spread of customer may require the occasional short period away from home.
Professionalism – Safety and security is paramount in our business, and we feel that this embodies the foundation of a high achieving safety culture
Support – We look after our people and they in turn are encouraged to look after each other
Communication – The transparency of our is business is valued by our colleagues and customers
Trust and Empowerment – We believe that openness and honesty make for the best relationship because it leads to trust and confidence
Enjoyment – Taking pleasure in coming to work at GBRf is actively encouraged right from the top
Company: GB Railfreight
Vacancy Type: Contract
Job Location: Peterborough,England,UnitedKingdom
Application Deadline: N/A