Website General Dynamics Information Technology
WoJobz Provides best career solutions and following listing is to apply for General Dynamics Information Technology in International, Osh Region, Kyrgyzstan 2022 exclusively on wojobz.com
Type Of Requisition
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess
Clearance Level Must Be Able To Obtain
No Suitability Required
Public Trust/Other Required
The Electric Power Plant III (EPP III) Mechanical Engineer rebuilds the control panels on the 150 kW, 400 HZ generators in Okinawa. This position is also the EPP III shop lead who develops work schedules and oversees the entire generator rebuild process, dyno test and final systems test. The Mechanical Engineer will also purchase materials and services necessary to complete the rebuilds and meet the target schedules.
- Complete disassembly, testing, and reassembly of EPP III generators down to the individual control panel, switch box, and main generator subcomponent level.
- Complete teardown, inspection, testing, and rebuilding of control panels, main generators, and switch gear.
- Uses precision test equipment including various electrical meters, data recorders, micrometers, calipers, and gauges.
- Fabricate wire harnesses and solder terminals.
- Troubleshoot engine, control panel, and electrical faults.
- Operate dyno, data recorder, and load bank test equipment.
- Troubleshoot and repair dyno, load bank, and overload unit.
- Operate generator final test and performance monitoring equipment.
- Interface with the customer to communicate induction and return dates.
- Develop rebuild and work schedules to ensure milestones are met.
- Source and get quotes for materials and services prior to purchase.
- Create purchase requisitions and get the necessary approvals.
- Purchase materials and services, reconcile charges and maintain an orderly records system.
- Performs all other duties assigned.
- Position requires self-motivation and the ability to effectively direct a team.
- BA/BS plus 5 years’ experience, AA/AS plus 7 years’ experience, or a High School diploma and 9 years’ experience.
- Active Secret Clearance.
- Extensive electronics, electrical, mechanical and engine rebuild experience.
- US passport must not expire for at least 2 years and have at least 4 consecutive blank pages in it.
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Additional Work Locations:
COVID-19 Vaccination: GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Company: General Dynamics Information Technology
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: International, Osh Region, Kyrgyzstan
Application Deadline: N/A