Website GovTech Singapore
WoJobz Provides best career solutions and following listing is to apply for GovTech Singapore in Singapore, Singapore 2022 exclusively on wojobz.com
The Government Technology Agency (GovTech) aims to transform the delivery of Government digital services by taking an “outside-in” view, putting citizens and businesses at the heart of everything we do. We also develop the Smart Nation infrastructure and applications, and facilitate collaboration with citizens and businesses to co-develop technologies.
Join us as we support Singapore’s vision of building a Smart Nation – a nation of possibilities empowered through info-communications technology and related engineering.
Government Infrastructure Group (GIG)
The Government Infrastructure Group (GIG) is responsible for digital infrastructure that supports the Whole-of-Government (WOG). We are the infrastructure architects and engineers who architect, design and deliver an agile, secure and sustainable infrastructure which enables a digital government for Singapore.
How We Work
Aside from formulating the infrastructure strategy and roadmap at WOG level, we also develop prototypes using new technologies and establish standards and best practices to guide the design and implementation of information systems that support the enterprise infrastructure.
We examine factors such as people, culture, policies and processes to provide a secure, predictive and always-on platform, enabling public officers to work anywhere and anytime.
By leveraging on innovative Cloud and Saas technologies, we architect, design, build and deliver Cloud and Datacentre hosting environments and common services which support government agencies in accelerating and developing modern applications and services.
Transforming ICT infrastructure through modernisation and automation is also our key focus. Using latest technology and best practices, we deliver secure and utility-based services to WOG, so that government agencies can function efficiently and seamlessly.
We are also passionate about building and uplifting ICT engineering know-how for the WOG in critical infrastructure domains, which we advance through experimentation, prototype development, consultancy and training.
As a Senior Infrastructure Engineer, you will be responsible to manage the Big Data infrastructure that provides the compute, storage and data visualization platform. You will work with a team of data analyst and data engineers to provide driven insights for users from Whole-of-Government.
What you will be working on:
- Lead as subject matter expert for data analytics compute solutions, storage and data visualization technologies.
- Designing, evaluating and implementing framework and platform that can handle the needs of a rapidly growing database.
- Architecting and scaling data analytics infrastructure, finding opportunities to improve and optimize workloads, processes to ensure that performance levels can support continuous accurate, reliable and timely delivery of data products.
- Manage continuous uptime of Data platform services by developing High availability tools and best practises.
- Manage the continuous testing and deployment of data pipelines, new data platform services and analytics dashboards.
- Manage and run highly critical production services who provides analytics capabilities to our various users across the WOG.
- Review and adopt relevant industry best practices for Government IT infrastructure
- Ensure that project implementation and operations are aligned to Government technology standards and policies
What we are looking for:
- Degree in Data Science, Computer Science, Computer, Electronics Engineering, Information Technology or related disciplines.
- Minimum 5 years of hands on experiencing in big data infrastructure preferably in products such as Cloudera and Qlik
- Proficient in common big data tools like Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Nifi in a large scale.
- Well versed in setting up continuous integration and deployment for big data or other projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication and ability to influence and communicate effectively with non-technical audience and senior management
- Keep abreast of ICT technologies, skillsets and industry practices
- Preferably obtained certification in the following:
- o ITIL V3 Foundation certified
- o Cloudera Certified Associate (CCA) certified
- Qlik Sense System Administrator certified
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company as we believe that diversity is meaningful to innovation. Our employee benefits are based on a total rewards approach, offering a holistic and market-competitive suite of perks. This includes generous leave benefits to meet your work-life needs. We trust that you will get the job done wherever you are, and whatever works best for you – so work from home or take a break to exercise if you need to*. We also believe it’s important for you to keep honing your craft in the constantly-evolving tech landscape, so we provide and support a plethora of in-house and external learning and development opportunities all year round.
- Subject to the nature of your job role that might require you to be onsite during fixed hours
Company: GovTech Singapore
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Singapore, Singapore
Application Deadline: N/A