Website Hamilton Recruitment Caribbean AsiaPacific
WoJobz Provides best career solutions and following listing is to apply for Hamilton Recruitment Caribbean AsiaPacific in Hamilton, Bermuda 2022 exclusively on wojobz.com
CAPTIVE INSURANCE MANAGEMENT – BERMUDA – ONLY 8% TAX
About this opportunity
Our client is a leading independent insurance management company. The company provides management and consulting services to the insurance and alternative risk financing industry. The company is celebrating 20 years of independence this year. Our client has built an industry leading position in the US and offshore captive insurance market providing services to single parent captive, cell captives, group captive, and risk retention groups. In recent years, the company has expanded its scope of operations to European domiciles and the provision of services to commercial insurance and reinsurance companies, ILS vehicles, and investment funds. They are seeking a highly motivated individual for the position of Senior Account Manager.
- Responsible for the day-to-day management of a portfolio of clients, including financial control
- Prepare and analyze financial statements
- Prepare reports to management
- Ensure regulatory compliance
- Preparation of working paper file for review by manager and peer reviewer
- Manage the relationship with clients and other company team members
- Manage the relationship with other service providers
- Plan, organize and control the audit process
- Review and when necessary amend Board minutes
- Liaise with management on client fees and time reporting
- Maintain all SSAE18, internal audit, documentation
What you’ll need
- Must have a recognized professional designation (e.g. ACA, ACCA, CA, CPA)
- Minimum of 4 years accounting experience
- Captive management experience is required
- Good knowledge of insurance and investment accounting
- Ability to independently research complex, insurance, investment or tax matters
- Knowledge of Bermuda regulatory matters is desirable
- Ability to control and lead client meetings
- Knowledge and understanding of various insurance policies
- Knowledge and experience of using SUN would be an asset
- Ability to provide training to various junior staff
How to apply
- To apply, attach your résumé or include a link to your LinkedIn profile
- If you don’t provide one of the above, we can’t progress your application
- In the event that you are not shortlisted for this particular vacancy, your details will be held on file and considered for other relevant opportunities.
Our clients are equal opportunity employers and value diversity. They do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If you believe you deserve an exceptional career, together we’ll help make it happen.
About the Bermuda
Twenty one miles in length, Bermuda is a beautiful group of pink-sanded Islands located 600 miles east off the coast of North Carolina, USA. It has a year-round population of 65,000 (over a quarter of whom are expatriates) and this increases significantly during the long, hot summer tourist season when up to half a million visitors arrive. The Island time zone is four hours behind the UK, one hour ahead of East Coast Time. The climate in Bermuda is generally sub-tropical and frost-free, thanks to the Gulf Stream. The local currency is the Bermuda dollar, which is fixed at parity with the US dollar. Both are freely useable on the Island. There is a 6% payroll deduction and no income tax.
Are you the hiring manager for similar roles?
If you are an employer in the Caribbean/Bermuda region seeking financial services professionals, we’d love to help you find the very best person for your opening. Contact us today.
Company: Hamilton Recruitment Caribbean AsiaPacific
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Hamilton, Bermuda
Application Deadline: N/A