Website Harvard University
WoJobz Provides best career solutions and following listing is to apply for Harvard University in Boston, MA 2022 exclusively on wojobz.com
Harvard Law School’s Faculty Support Services Department (FSS) is dedicated to providing approximately 200 faculty members and instructors with the high-quality assistance they need in order to successfully teach, conduct research, and advance scholarship. While each assistant works directly with members of the faculty—often acting as a liaison between students, other instructors, and various Law School and University administrative departments—our department comprises a collaborative and supportive team of assistants who are committed to collecting and sharing the most effective methods of administrative support.
Faculty Support Services seeks a Faculty Assistant who is able to fulfill a dual role as an independent problem-solver and enthusiastic team member. We currently have multiple open positions on our team. Kindly submit a brief cover letter with your materials so we can learn a little bit more about you and your interest in the role. We look forward to reviewing your application!
As a Faculty Assistant you will:
- Support faculty teaching by scheduling courses, and posting course materials, announcements, and student assignments/office hours via Canvas, the course management platform. Arrange course packets and obtain copyright for course materials, and arrange AV, catering, and other set-up needs. May support online learning with remote learning tools such as Zoom and video editing software.
- Respond to internal and external requests for information and manage faculty calendars. Make complex domestic and international travel arrangements and itineraries for faculty and visitors to the Law School.
- Use Concur, Oracle, and B2P (Buy-to-Pay) financial platforms to process payments, invoices, reimbursements, and corporate card statements.
- Assist with coordinating conferences and lectures, including arranging media, catering, guest outreach, materials, accommodation, and travel.
- Perform general office duties including photocopying, scanning, filing, ordering office supplies, placing catering orders, and reserving space for meetings and events.
- Proofread and edit documents, including student recommendation letters; conduct ad hoc internet and library research.
- Provide support for faculty for hiring student workers.
3 or more years of administrative support or related experience in a business or customer service environment. Education beyond high school may count toward some, though not all, experience.
Additional Qualifications And Skills
We are looking for people who have:
- Curiosity and creative problem-solving skills
- The ability to work independently and ask good questions
- Ability to prioritize work, especially given competing priorities
- Ability to quickly pivot and adapt
- An understanding of the importance of maintaining confidentiality
- Willingness to learn new systems and processes
- A collaborative spirit in working with peers to resolve issues
- Ability to bring their authentic selves to work and contribute to a diverse and positive work culture
We regret that Harvard Law School is unable to provide visa sponsorship for staff positions.
All offers to be made by HLS Human Resources.
Be a part of excellence and leadership in legal education and scholarship at Harvard Law School. We are a community of talented people from diverse backgrounds, lived experiences, and perspectives, dedicated to advancing the cause of justice all over the world. We value our differences and our diversity as a source of strength. We are committed to developing and inspiring our students and our workforce. Whoever you are, whatever you do, however you do it, Harvard Law School is a place where you can thrive.
Faculty & Student Services, General Administration
USA – MA – Cambridge
403028 Faculty Assistant II
Faculty Support Services
55 – Hvd Union Cler & Tech Workers
Commitment to Equity, Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging
Harvard University views equity, diversity, inclusion, and belonging as the pathway to achieving inclusive excellence and fostering a campus culture where everyone can thrive. We strive to create a community that draws upon the widest possible pool of talent to unify excellence and diversity while fully embracing individuals from varied backgrounds, cultures, races, identities, life experiences, perspectives, beliefs, and values.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Company: Harvard University
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Boston, MA
Application Deadline: N/A