WoJobz Provides best career solutions and following listing is to apply for Hatch in Midrand, Gauteng, South Africa 2022 exclusively on wojobz.com
Requisition ID: 73022
Job Category: Digital
Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
With over six decades of business and technical experience in the mining , energy , and infrastructure sectors, we see challenges evolving in every industry. We respond quickly with solutions that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. We draw upon our 9,000 staff , with experience in over 150 countries , to challenge the status quo and create positive change for our clients, our employees, and the communities we serve.
We’re at the forefront of our clients’ digital transformation journey , successfully implementing emerging digital services into our clients’ projects and operations that unlock a step change in their performance. Join the team to improve project outcomes, leverage the digital twin , deliver systems integration and interoperability, and support decision-making, autonomous execution , and integrated operations and performance centers.
We are hiring software engineers who have an interest in using the latest development technologies to make an impact in heavy industry by delivering high impact applications and software to some of the biggest mining, infrastructure and energy companies in the world. In this role you will develop cutting edge solutions by integrating data, software and advanced systems to create a better world through positive change.
You will be challenged to deliver high quality software in an environment where mutual respect, integrity, and creativity is commonplace. Individuals applying should be solutions-oriented with a can-do attitude, high energy, and willingness to act. We are looking for someone who embraces learning and is eager to explore the latest technologies and tools in delivering client value. Our software engineers bring strong analytical skills and critical thinking, using data to inform decisions, supported by the ability to breakdown ambiguous problems and structure effective solutions.
As The Successful Candidate, You Will
- Be involved with all technical activities within the team such as estimating, architecting, designing, software development life cycle activities (we use Agile), code reviews, documentation creation.
- Level up our software standards by introducing best practices and guiding their adoption.
- Drive our team culture by communicating well, mentoring others, and participating in growing out our team.
- Love the challenge of engineering and solving challenging problems. Automate away all the boring stuff and design stellar solutions for our customers.
You Bring To The Role
- 5+ years’ experience working on a development team, experience actively mentoring junior team members and helping shape a quality product/solution. Proven capabilities in the following technologies:
- Recent knowledge of one of a set of backend technologies (C#/.NET, Java, Go, Node.js, etc.)
- Proficient in working with Cloud Providers (Azure, AWS, GCP) AND architecting or implementing your own cloud solutions
- Familiarity with Azure DevOps or other equivalent CICD tools
- Familiarity with a database solution (e.g., SQL Server, Azure Storage, MongoDB/Cosmos DB, etc.)
- Protocol – REST via Web API + JSON
- Experience with designing end to end solutions
- Experience evaluating new development frameworks, technologies and provide adoption recommendations
- Experience with Agile and Kanban methodologies and working in teams of mixed disciplines.
- A strong appreciation for all skillset needed to build amazing solutions including (but not limited to) subject matter experts, engineers, designer and user experience.
- Experience building consensus across teams
- Trust is the foundation of a strong team, must be a self-starter, organized and needs minimal supervision
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education, training or work experience
- Work with great people to make a difference
- Collaborate on exciting projects to develop innovative solutions
- Top employer
- Flexible work environment
- Long term career development
- Think globally, work locally
Why join us?
What we offer you?
We’re committed to fostering a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate and serve. Hatch is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to age, race, color, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected status. If you have any accommodation requirements, please let us know. We’ll do our best to meet your needs in accordance with applicable local legislation.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Midrand, Gauteng, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A