WoJobz Provides best career solutions and following listing is to apply for Hays in Cambridge,England,UnitedKingdom 2022 exclusively on wojobz.com
About the job
Would you like to have responsibility for the strategic and operational business management of a dynamic Biosamples team?
If so, this could be the next role for you! At AstraZeneca be empowered to be innovative and creative where difference is valued. Join a place built on innovation and creativity. Where different views and perspectives are welcomed and valued. An environment that champions inclusion, and teams that reflect the diversity of the communities that we serve Human Biological Samples (HBS) are fundamental to medical research in the discovery, development and implementation of new treatments and diagnostics. They are ethically sensitive materials and underpin the delivery of every clinical trial. The Business Manager is a senior leadership role leading activities across Biosamples.
Working alongside the Biosample leadership team, you will be responsible for the leadership of critical strategic and operational business processes in alignment with the business cycle. This will include functional budget management, creation of business/ investment plans, scorecard creation, and strategic workforce planning. You’ll drive key people processes such as: talent management, succession planning, rewarding performance and engagement activities. Collaborating with the Precision Medicine Project, Portfolio & Operations team, you will prepare and supply Biosamples inputs to the portfolio resourcing processes to ensure accurate information and the ability to report business metrics and manage resources effectively. You’ll lead delivery of critical initiatives within Biosamples and may provide individual input more broadly to R&D activities, so a high level of flexibility is required.
Typical Accountabilities, What You Will Be Doing
- Lead key business and people processes including scorecard preparation, succession & talent planning, rewarding performance, risk management and corrective action planning
- Facilitate development of Biosamples business strategy, recommend and implement actions to achieve short and long term goals
- Ensure robust demand, capacity and time management across the function to meet the current and future needs of the portfolio.
- Leads the resource allocation process, in partnership with the line managers to meet the current needs of the portfolio.
- Retain oversight of resourcing across the Biosamples portfolio by providing accurate data in PLANIT and monthly resource updates to R&D resource councils to ensure accurate functional wide portfolio reporting
- Retain oversight of risks to delivery across the Biosamples portfolio to enable early identification and appropriate mitigation.
- Lead Biosamples functional budget to ensure annual spend is delivered to target
- Develops, maintains and ensures visibility of up-to-date metrics on functional performance
- Prepare business plans to achieve continued investment into Biosamples
- Plan and facilitate Biosamples LT meetings, to drive decision making aligned to strategic and operational priorities
- Build and implement business change plans aligned to functional growth objectives
- Drive development and delivery of impactful communication strategies
- Maintains a high degree of understanding and awareness of internal business processes that could affect Biosamples and drug development
- Collaborate with R&D leaders on BioSample data opportunities and prioritize to have maximum impact on AZ clinical programmes
Education, Qualifications, Skills and Experience: Essential:
- Scientific/Business degree or equivalent experience
- Previous experience in a similar role in the pharmaceutical industry
- Knowledge of drug and/or diagnostic development processes
- Proven experience in capacity management and working with demand and supply processes
- Experience of developing and utilising metrics to demonstrate and drive performance
- Ability to communicate effectively with senior partners
- Ability to influence strategically and persuade tactfully, to obtain desired outcomes while maintaining effective, positive, organizational relationships
- A professional, enthusiastic, and proactive approach, with the ability to independently manage a diverse and fast paced workload
- A clear demonstration of behaviours of:
- Truth seeking rather than success seeking
- Problem solver
- Ownership for issue resolution
- Embracing of peer review
- Fluent in English
- Understanding of HBS requirements
- Understanding of the clinical sampling processes and the overall clinical study process
- Experience of process ownership and process optimisation
- Familiarity with PLANIT
- Expert understanding of AZ financial and people processes
Location: – UK, Cambridge – office based 2-3 days per week
What You Need To Do Now
If you’re interested in this role, click ‘apply now’ to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #4196345
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cambridge,England,UnitedKingdom
Application Deadline: N/A