Website HM Revenue Customs
WoJobz Provides best career solutions and following listing is to apply for HM Revenue Customs in NewcastleuponTyne,England,UnitedKingdom 2022 exclusively on wojobz.com
About the job
Edinburgh, Leeds, Newcastle-upon-Tyne, Telford, Worthing
About the job
At HMRC we are committed to creating a great place to work for all our colleagues; an inclusive and respectful environment that reflects the diversity of the society we serve.
We want to maximise the potential of everyone who chooses to work for us and we offer a range of flexible working patterns and support to make a fulfilling career at HMRC accessible to you.
Diverse perspectives and experiences are critical to our success and we welcome applications from all people from all backgrounds with the experience and skills needed to perform this role.
Are you an experienced Business Analyst looking for a new challenge?
This is an exciting time to join an organisation that probably doesn’t work how you’d imagine a government organisation would. Our blog tells you a bit more about what we do and how we do it.
This role sits within HMRC’s Chief Digital & Information Group (CDIO), in EPS Platform Services responsible for digital services in HMRC. One role will be responsible for the build BA’s and the other having responsibility for the run / live BA’s. We are continually building, iterating and maintaining in-house customer focussed digital services and products through our growing network of digital delivery centres – hi-tech, state-of-the-art facilities across the UK.
We are looking for 2 Agile Lead Business Analysts who can help grow and improve the BA community in HMRC Digital within the Build and Live teams. You will Lead on the Business Analyst community of practice across the digital centres and you will work closely with other Lead BAs across HMRC to share best practises. Our Lead BA’s will be an essential component of HMRCs multi-disciplined agile teams.
As An Agile Lead BA You Will
- Lead on the Business Analyst community of practice for the digital centre(s).
- Work closely with other Lead BAs in CDIO to share best practises.
- Be involved in the wider Business Analyst community (outside of HMRC and the government) identifying good practices we can adopt and sharing our experiences.
- Share knowledge of tools and techniques with technical and non-technical team members in the wider HMRC digital team and across government.
- Line manage, coach and mentor Business Analysts, responsible for increasing capability and ensuring business analyst standards are met.
- Build highly collaborative internal and external stakeholder relationships.
- Have the ability to quickly gain a good working knowledge of HMRC business/Subject Matter Expertise and demonstrate a thorough understanding of customer/stakeholder needs.
- Flag risks or blockers in advance and voice concerns but offer solutions.
- Support the Scrum teams to refine the services in light of external factors such as changes to policy, legislation, technology or user requirements.
- Seek continual improvement opportunities across the SCRUM Teams and BA Community.
- Work closely with internal/external customers so digital services meet user needs.
- Motivate self and others to do a good job, building a strong team ethos.
- Communicate effectively with a wide range of digital delivery disciplines and talent both internally and externally.
- Act as an escalation point for the business and service teams.
- Ensure the correct placement and assignment of business analysts.
- Provide business analyst expertise, utilising the value across CDIO and wider HMRC.
- Create the conditions and environment for business analysts to succeed.
Skills And Experience
We are looking for forward thinking people with strong interpersonal skills who enjoy working in a fast-paced agile environment. The ideal candidate will care about technology, the user and be passionate about business analysis.
- Experience of working in a Business Analysis role gained from working in a digital environment.
- Knowledge of different methodologies and of helping teams to adopt a range of Agile tools and techniques to undertake business analysis.
- Demonstrable skills in Communication and facilitation, process mapping, analysis and modelling, customer journey mapping, requirements engineering developing user stories and acceptance criteria.
- Proven experience of contributing to the Business Analysts Profession by delivering training, facilitating workshops and sharing best practice.
- Proven ability to engage with senior management to resource teams supporting service delivery.
- Proven ability of identifying and managing stakeholders, managing expectations and requirements.
Business analysis in a Run / Live setting.
- Proven experience of business analysis in a live environment, demonstrating the ability to balance priorities on multiple services and working to provide the Business analysis requirements whilst also handling live incidents.
- Knowledge and expertise to advise businesses and stakeholders how to develop software solutions including designing and implementing user needs and requirements based on customer centric values.
- Experience of creating business analysis centre of excellence.
- Experience of working in and with multi-disciplined teams
- Experience in Line Managing Agile Business Analysts.
- Experience of Leading Agile Business Analysts communities
- BCS Diploma in business analysis or equivalent Business analysis experience at this senior level.
We’ll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Communicating and Influencing
- Changing and Improving
- Learning and development tailored to your role
- An environment with flexible working options
- A culture encouraging inclusion and diversity
Team members that are moving offices as a result of the Locations Programme will be entitled to a Moves Adjustment Payment for three years where they incur additional costs. This is calculated based on the difference between the costs of travelling to and from the new and old office, over a weekly period. You will get more detail on this as part of targeted locations move communications.
Find more about HMRC benefits in for further information or visit
Things you need to know
Successful candidates must pass a disclosure and barring security check.
People working with government assets must complete
Selection process details
This vacancy is using
As part of the application process you will be asked to provide:
- Your CV
- Your Personal Statement of no more than 1000 words. Your statement should illustrate your experience and suitability for the role, using evidence and examples from your previous work.
An initial sift based on your Personal Statement may be held if a large number of applications are received. At full sift we will assess your CV and Personal Statement.
We will also focus on your experience and suitability for the role and review the following HMRC Behaviours
If successful at sift you will be invited for an interview and asked to provide a short presentation.
- Communicating and influencing
- Changing and Improving
Please take extra care to tick the correct boxes in the eligibility sections of your application form. We understand mistakes sometimes happen but if you contact us later than two working days (Monday-Friday) before the vacancy closes, we will not be able to reopen your application for you. The inbox to contact is: [email protected] – Use subject line to insert appropriate wording e.g. Please re-open my application – 230223 & vacancy closing date 19.10.2022.
If you are successful and transferring from another Government Department, we will carry out a check of your identity, nationality, and immigration status (including the right to work in the UK) and a criminal record check before confirming your appointment.
Successful candidates must pass a Disclosure and Barring Security Check or Disclosure Scotland. Please note that HMRC have an exemption under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, which enables us to make enquiries about both unspent and spent convictions.
In order to process applications without delay, we will be sending a Criminal Record Check to Disclosure and Barring Service or Disclosure Scotland on your behalf. However, we recognise in exceptional circumstances some candidates will want to send their completed forms direct. If you will be doing this, please advise Government Recruitment Service of your intention by emailing [email protected] stating the job reference number in the subject heading.
For further information on the Disclosure Scotland confidential checking service telephone: the Disclosure Scotland Helpline on 0870 609 6006 and ask to speak to the operations manager in confidence, or email [email protected]
Applicants who are successful at interview will be, as part of pre-employment screening, subject to a check on the Internal Fraud Database (IFD). This check will provide information about employees who have been dismissed for fraud or dishonesty offences. This check also applies to employees who resign or otherwise leave before being dismissed for fraud or dishonesty had their employment continued. Any applicant’s details held on the IFD will be refused employment.
A candidate is not eligible to apply for a role within the Civil Service if the application is made within a 5 year period following a dismissal for carrying out internal fraud against government.
HM Revenue and Customs is currently going through an exciting ten-year transformation programme to create a tax authority fit for the future. As part of this, we are committed to providing high-quality jobs and giving employees a great place to work, whichever location you work from.
HM Revenue and Customs has made significant progress with its plans to locate in 14 large, modern, flexible offices, equipped with high-speed digital infrastructure supporting improved customer service and compliance activity. These collaborative workspaces will enable smarter working and great training and development facilities, allowing for the sharing of expertise, local training, promotion, and provide great ongoing career development opportunities.
These offices will be located in central locations in the following towns and cities close to accessible transport links: Glasgow, Edinburgh, Belfast, Newcastle, Leeds, Liverpool, Manchester, Nottingham, Birmingham, Bristol, Cardiff, Croydon, Portsmouth and Stratford.
In addition, there will also be a small number of specialist sites where the work cannot be done anywhere else, in Gartcosh (near Glasgow), Telford, Ipswich, Worthing and Dover, as well as our headquarters in central London. What’s more, our Welsh language service has people located in Porthmadog, as well as Cardiff.
We are letting you know about our future plans because if you are recruited into an office that is not one of these locations, you will be expected, subject to HM Revenue and Customs applicable policies, to move to one of these locations in the future. In some cases, this will be via one of our nine transitional sites.
For more information please contact the vacancy holder.
Terms and Conditions
We really hope you decide to apply for this role. If you’re successful you need to know that in February 2021 members of recognised trade unions (ARC and PCS) voted to approve a pay and contract reform offer. This means that HMRC will adopt new terms and conditions for all colleagues as part of a multi-year pay deal and contract offer, the pay deal period is 01 June 2020 – 31 st May 2023 and terms and conditions changes take place from the 01 June 2021 onwards. These terms will apply to colleagues who already work in HMRC and if you join us, it will apply to you too. We’ve put together a summary of the key changes that will be made and you can find this attached to the Job Advert.
If you are currently working for an OGD and would like to consider the impact on your pay when joining HMRC, please see the attached document “Pay on Transfer from OGD” for further information. (Please note the attached document could also be called “ Combined T&C and OGD Pay English”)
New entrants are expected to join on the minimum of the pay band.
Customer facing roles in HMRC require the ability to converse at ease with members of the public and provide advice in accurate spoken English and/or Welsh where required. Where this is an essential requirement this will be tested as part of the selection process.
Any move to HMRC from another employer will mean you can no longer access childcare vouchers. This includes moves between government departments. You may however be eligible for other government schemes, including Tax Free Childcare. Determine your eligibility
HMRC welcomes applications from those who need to work a more flexible arrangement and will agree to requests where possible, taking into account our operational and customer service needs. We can’t guarantee that we can meet all requests to work flexibly, as agreement will be subject to business ability to accommodate, and any request to work a more flexible arrangement should be made prior to your acceptance of the provisional offer .
If you are experiencing accessibility problems with any attachments on this advert, please contact the email address in the ‘Contact point for applicants’ section.
Important Information For Existing HMRC Contractual Homeworkers
Please note that this role is unsuitable for contractual homeworkers due to the nature and/or requirements of the role.
We want to make sure no one is put at a disadvantage during our recruitment process because of a disability, condition or impairment. To assist you with this, we will reduce or remove any barriers where possible and provide additional support where appropriate. Please see our for more details.
If you need a change to be made so that you can make your application, you should:
- Contact Government Recruitment Service via [email protected] as soon as possible before the closing date to discuss your needs.
- Complete the “Assistance required” section in the “Additional requirements” page of your application form to tell us what changes or help you might need further on in the recruitment process. For instance, you may need wheelchair access at interview, or if you’re deaf, a Language Service Professional.
Feedback will only be provided if you attend an interview or assessment.
This job is broadly open to the following groups:
- UK nationals
- nationals of Commonwealth countries who have the right to work in the UK
- nationals of the Republic of Ireland
- nationals from the EU, EEA or Switzerland with settled or pre-settled status or who apply for either status by the deadline of the
- relevant EU, EEA, Swiss or Turkish nationals working in the Civil Service
- relevant EU, EEA, Swiss or Turkish nationals who have built up the right to work in the Civil Service
- certain family members of the relevant EU, EEA, Swiss or Turkish nationals
Working for the Civil Service
We recruit by merit on the basis of fair and open competition, as outlined in the Civil Service Commission’s
The Civil Service embraces diversity and promotes equal opportunities. As such, we run a Disability Confident Scheme (DCS) for candidates with disabilities who meet the minimum selection criteria.
The Civil Service also offers a Redeployment Interview Scheme to civil servants who are at risk of redundancy, and who meet the minimum requirements for the advertised vacancy.
Apply and further information
This vacancy is part of the
Once this job has closed, the job advert will no longer be available. You may want to save a copy for your records.
Contact point for applicants
- Name : Barbara Price
- Email : [email protected]
- Telephone : 03000550046
Recruitment team :
- Email : [email protected]
Appointment to the Civil Service is governed by the Civil Service Commission’s Recruitment Principles. You have the right to complain if you feel a department has breached the requirement of the Recruitment Principles. In the first instance, you should raise the matter directly with the department concerned via [email protected] If you are not satisfied with the response, you may bring your complaint to the Commission. For further information on bringing a complaint to the Civil Service Commission please visit their web pages: Click
Company: HM Revenue Customs
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: NewcastleuponTyne,England,UnitedKingdom
Application Deadline: N/A