WoJobz Provides best career solutions and following listing is to apply for HSBC in Birmingham,England,UnitedKingdom 2022 exclusively on wojobz.com
About the job
Quantitative Analyst, Asset Management Group
If you’re looking for a career that will help you stand out, join HSBC and fulfil your potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Wealth and Personal Banking is our global business combining Retail Banking and Wealth Management; and Global Private Banking, to become one of the world’s largest global wealth managers with USD1.4 trillion in assets. Our dedicated colleagues serve millions of customers worldwide across the entire spectrum of private wealth, ranging from personal banking for individuals and families, through to business owners, investors and ultra-high-net-worth individuals. We provide products and services such as bank accounts, credit cards, personal loans and mortgages, as well as asset management, insurance, wealth management and private banking, that best suit our customers’ needs.
As an HSBC employee in the UK, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes private healthcare for all UK-based employees, enhanced maternity and adoption pay and support when you return to work, and a contributory pension scheme with a generous employer contribution.
The Quantitative Analyst will help to support the team by working on our suite of quantitative models and systems. Working across different asset classes and will build expertise in fixed income, global equities, currencies, and alternative asset classes. You will work with a variety of traditional valuation modelling approaches, higher-frequency models, as well as with novel, alternative data sets. The role has significant scope for high business impact and strong career development over time.
In this role, you will:
- Work as part of the global investment strategy team to support investment decision making across HSBC Asset Management`s global front office
- Work on a range of quantitative research projects, maintaining existing proprietary models, using third party models and data, and supporting in the delivery of the team research agenda
- Take a global, scientific and cross-asset mind-set, in order to support the ongoing development of the HSBC Asset Management team
- Provide quant support for global macro and strategy team, stakeholders across the investment team, and external stakeholders and partners
- Work collaboratively as part of an intellectually-curious group of researchers
To be successful in this role you should meet the following requirements:
- Good technical skills to be able to operate in a quantitative research role
- Be intellectually-curious about investment markets, looking at multiple asset classes and multiple geographies, and be ambitious for the challenge of being part of a high-profile and scientifically-minded group of researchers
- Awareness of the operational risk associated with the role and act in a manner that takes account of operational risk considerations
- Understand, follow and demonstrate compliance with all relevant internal and external rules, regulations and procedures that apply to the conduct of the business
- Strong Communication skills to influence a range of stakeholders, clients, and partners
The base location for this role is Birmingham with travel to the office at least twice a week.
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment.
Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
As a business operating in markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of ethnicity, religion, age, physical or mental disability/long term health condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by local law in the jurisdictions in which we operate. Within the work place you will have access to various employee resource groups which aim to promote and achieve a healthy work / life balance and support our diversity ambitions. HSBC has in place processes in order to avoid nepotism, which means to avoid creating circumstances in which the appearance or possibility of conflicts of interest may exist within the hiring process.
We want everyone to be able to fulfil their potential which is why we provide a range of flexible working arrangements and family friendly policies. This role will work in a hybrid way, combining the convenience of working from home with the opportunity to co-create with colleagues and stakeholders in a state of the art office environment. We are keen to attract the best talent and are happy to consider other flexible working requests.
Email: [email protected]
Telephone: +44 2078328500
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Birmingham,England,UnitedKingdom
Application Deadline: N/A