Website Legalis Legal Recruitment
WoJobz Provides best career solutions and following listing is to apply for Legalis Legal Recruitment in Berlin 2022 exclusively on wojobz.com
Our client, a top ranked UK law firm with several offices in Germany is seeking a charismatic Chief Operating Officer to strengthen its C-Suite team. This role requires a minimum of 10 years of operational and finance management experience (at least 4 of which would have been spent in a prestigious law firm or Big4).
As a leading member of the senior management team, you will focus on the execution of the firm’s vision, implementing resources to add value to the firm and optimizing any inefficiencies. You will be accountable for the performance and growth of the German operations, managing teams dedicated to excellence and always considering the bottom line. A solid financial training and experience overseeing finance as part of your COO role will be essential. You will establish a strong working relationship with the partners of the firm in developing and executing a long-term strategy for Germany.
You will directly oversee and manage the day-to-day operations and activities of the German offices including client service delivery, business operations, human resource management, information technology and procurement; maintain a financial framework that allows for effective and timely financial reporting, management reporting, and compliance with statutory obligations; maintain the firm’s organizational structure, including overseeing all aspects of staff administration, training, salary administration, staff meetings, performance evaluations, office protocol, and communications within the staff.
- Design and implement business strategies, plans and procedures
- Set comprehensive goals for performance and growth
- Ensure and improve efficiency of business support services
- Oversee daily operations and the work of key functions/managers (Finance, HR, Administration, IT, Marketing, Facilities, etc.)
- Lead employees to encourage maximum performance and dedication to excellence
- Establish clear and appropriate standards and measures of performance; provide coaching and mentoring, as necessary
- Performance evaluation
- Collaborate with the Executive Committee in all matters of importance
- Establish policies that promote company culture and vision
- Manage relationships with key business partners/vendors
- Foster a culture that encourages individual integrity, employee engagement and one that attracts and motivates high potential associates and lateral partners
- Ensure that there is clarity of objectives and focus for fee earners and business support professionals alike.
- Proven track record as COO, CFO or experience in relevant role – minimum 10 years
- Planning, budgeting and financial reporting competence
- Expertise in law firm support areas management such as HR, Administration, Finance, Marketing, IS
- Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics
- Knowledge of the German legal market
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficiency in German as well as in English
- Experience working effectively with legal professionals
- MBA or master’s degree in Finance, Business Development, or Business Administration would be considered a plus
- Exceptional leadership skills. Your leadership skills will help you understand, encourage and motivate all members of the German offices and team members on other firm-wide projects led by you, to maximize productivity. For the right candidate, there is the opportunity to play a bigger role in the growth and development of the continent overall.
You will work most closely with the Managing Partner in Germany and the EMEA Chief Operating Officer to ensure business operations work toward transforming the firm, support the firm’s strategy, and deliver high quality and cost-effective services.
This role is confidential, and we will not be releasing the name of the firm in the first instance. Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
To apply for this exciting opportunity in complete confidence, please kindly contact Anita Monus at [email protected], tel: +36302561646 or Ellen Hayes at [email protected], tel: +1(786) 5201997 for a confidential discussion. Thank you.
Legalis adheres to all applicable privacy laws and regulations. All inquiries to Legalis are handled with the strictest of confidentiality and your details will never be forwarded to a third party without your express and prior consent. In addition, in responding to this opportunity, you agree that Legalis has full authorization to handle your information internally. Further details are available upon request.
JD ID: 34893
Company: Legalis Legal Recruitment
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Berlin
Application Deadline: N/A