Website Management Sciences for Health
WoJobz Provides best career solutions and following listing is to apply for Management Sciences for Health in Kabul, Afghanistan 2022 exclusively on wojobz.com
The Assistance for Families and Indigent Afghans to Thrive (AFIAT) Project is a USAID- funded project implemented by Management Sciences for Health (MSH). The project strives to improve the quality of primary and secondary health and nutrition services in targeted rural areas; increase access to high-impact and evidence-based health and nutrition services; enhance the adoption of optimal health and nutrition behaviors by communities and households; and collaborate with partners to plan, finance, and manage resilient health services.
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB:
The Snr Principal Advisor Health Systems Strengthening (HSS) will provide technical assistance and capacity-building support related to good governance, policy, and sound and transparent management systems, including strategy development, technical analysis, stakeholder consultation, advocacy, and contributing to technical reports and briefs. Responsibilities require global and local knowledge and best practices in HSS, governance, and management.
The HSS Advisor will provide technical direction and assist country teams to develop technical strategies, approaches, and plans, implement activities, and monitor progress toward outlined project milestones/deliverables/ approved work plans. The Advisor will also develop technical documents, provide technical oversight to the governance team, manage the technical aspects of outsourcing any technical services, review and finalize technical products (surveys, assessments, reports, briefers, slide decks) and provide overall capacity-building support and mentoring to the country teams and counterparts.
- Lead in the design and implementation of technical support activities related to HSS, governance and management at all levels in accordance with the project mandate.
- Support the application of evidence-based practices and theoretical conceptual frameworks and models to solving pertinent HSS, governance and management issues and challenges surrounding the healthcare system in Afghanistan, as informed by data and in-depth analyses.
- Closely work with the UNs and NGOs, and through on-the-job training and mentoring, build the capacity of NGOs to effectively plan, manage, and oversee essential HSS, governance and management functions – this may include improving and streamlining priority systems such as delegation, procurement, budgeting, stakeholder and project coordination, etc..
- Support the partners and NGOs to effectively achieve donor and stakeholder coordination to maximize the attainment of results in an efficient manner.
- Assist the NGOs and other partners in implementing and strengthening their decentralization through the stewardship capacity of the implementing NGOs.
- Take the lead in designing and implementing large-scale surveys to inform the baseline of the population’s health status and quality of health services rendered in Afghanistan.
- Work closely with UNs and service-providing NGOs, community representatives, and other stakeholders to continue to improve data systems and use data for decisions, planning, and addressing gaps/weaknesses.
- Supervises the local advisors in assigned in this technical area.
- Contribute to the reporting required or requested by the donor and other stakeholders to showcase the achievements of the project in close coordination with other project experts.
- Represents the project, company, and programs in this technical area in the country as well as with others in the professional community.
- Interacts with internal and external resources, partners, donors, and staff to bring new and “cutting edge” ideas into approaches.
- Fulfil any other tasks requested by the supervisor and pertinent with the general scope of work of the position.
REQUIRED MINIMUM EDUCATION:
- Master’s degree in public health, business management, international development, international relations, public policy, or related field.
REQUIRED MINIMUM EXPERIENCE:
- Eight (8) years of work experience in health systems strengthening leadership, governance, public administration, and management or other HSS areas on similar projects.
- Ten (10) years of progressive related experience preferred.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Demonstrated diplomatic, leadership, and management skills and the ability to coordinate a diverse team to a common goal.
- Experience working with USAID-supported projects is preferred.
- Familiarity or experience with the Afghanistan health system is preferred.
- Appropriate computer skills necessary to conduct research, and to conduct analysis of study data.
- Strong analytical and computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, web-based research) – this includes data analytics.
- Ability to multi-task and keep track of concurrent activities and deadlines.
- Must be willing to travel within the country, as appropriate and allowed.
- Fluent in English; Knowledge of local languages a plus. Ability to deliver presentations at high-level meetings. Excellent interpersonal skills: demonstrated ability to interact professionally with culturally diverse staff.
Company: Management Sciences for Health
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Kabul, Afghanistan
Application Deadline: N/A