WoJobz Provides best career solutions and following listing is to apply for Matchtech in Manchester,England,UnitedKingdom 2022 exclusively on wojobz.com
About the job
Principal Transport Planner – Manchester – Up to £50k
Having recently merged with a global Multi-Disciplinary Consultancy and now part of a larger group our client provides transport planning advice to clients across sectors including residential, retail and logistics on projects ranging from Underbelly Christmas Carnival to the former Aylesford Newsprint Site.
As Principal Transport Planner you will be responsible for the delivery of a wide range of transport assessments for various clients across the UK, using a detailed knowledge and experience of standard modelling packages and recognised transport appraisal techniques.
You will be involved in managing a number of complex projects with the team at any one time and lead on the development and delivery of transport planning projects. This will also include the promotion of development sites from site identification/acquisition, planning application submission, discharge of planning conditions and monitoring through the planning process, preparing transport statements, assessments, travel plans and other supporting documentation such as delivery servicing management plans.
As part of the team on larger projects or as the lead on smaller projects, you will deliver market leading consultancy advice to clients and co-consultants and be confident in explaining technical matters to decision makers, interested parties and lay people. You will provide support to senior staff as well as having the opportunity to develop your own project management and work winning skills.
Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
- Manage client relationships to ensure the securing of work;
- Negotiate fee proposals
- Manage work projects in line with client expectations and Vectos priorities;
- Manage and control project finances
- Communicate with colleagues as appropriate
- Continue to update personal knowledge or relevant technical, legal and policy changes;
- Manage and develop colleagues within project team
- Use personal judgement and initiative to develop effective and constructive solutions
- Maintain continuous professional development
- Provide guidance on quality matters and technical issues
- Seek to “add value” to all projects.
Qualifications / Experience
You will be an experienced Transport Planner, with a thorough understanding of relevant planning and transport policy and delivery of advice and results for clients.
You Will Ideally Have
- A degree in a related subject
- Significant experience in preparing with Transport Statements, Assessments
- Ability to set up and run PICADY’s and ARCADYS (Junctions 9)
- Experience of using LINSIG and ability to understand outputs
- Understanding of the principles of micro-simulation and strategic models/modelling
- Knowledge of design standards (DMRB, MfS) and when and how they are used
- Experience of developing access, parking and sustainable transport strategies
- Knowledge ExepeAccess strategy work, parking strategies, sustainable transport; Knowledge of S106 agreements, S278 agreements and Traffic Regulation Orders
- Project management skills with the capability to manage a wide and complex workload
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and have a strong ability to use their own initiative;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills to develop working relationships with colleagues, co consultants, clients and stakeholders.
Working Conditions / Environment
- Flexible working options, a balance between office and home working
- Based in their Central Manchester offices. Also willing to consider individuals in the London and Bristol offices
3 Simple Ways To Apply Or Get In Touch
How to Apply or for more Information:
- Apply directly online via the Matchtech website
- Call Chris Jones directly on 01489 873422
- Email your CV
Matchtech are the largest and leading Highways and Transportation Recruitment Company in the UK.
If you have the correct experience for this type of position but this specific role is not quite right for you, as the level, location or rates etc. is it not quite what you are looking for a present, please still feel free to get in touch with me as I continually recruit similar roles to the one above at all levels across the UK.
Alternatively, if are not suitable for this role but still work within the Highways and Transportation industry and believe you will be looking for a new role in the future please give me a call for a confidential chat regarding your employment status.
To apply for these roles, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Manchester,England,UnitedKingdom
Application Deadline: N/A