Website Motability Operations Ltd
WoJobz Provides best career solutions and following listing is to apply for Motability Operations Ltd in Bristol,England,UnitedKingdom 2022 exclusively on wojobz.com
About the job
About The Role
Motability Operations are currently recruiting for a Data Scientist to join our VRM Team in Bristol on a full-time, permanent basis. Joining the Remarketing Department of the UK’s largest vehicle leasing company, this role will provide analytics and data science expertise to help identify opportunities to improve the resale values of the 225k ex-lease cars sold back into the used car market each year.
Joining an established MI, Insight and Analytics area and using newly developed market leading technology, this new role is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Data Science professional to help shape the development of our insight and analytics capability.
Operating in the fast pasted and highly competitive used car market, we have a well established data led strategy, where teams are encouraged to experiment based on data led insight and quickly test new ideas. This role requires a commercial focus and the ability to work collaboratively with business experts and product teams to test hypotheses and measure the impact of actions.
We support dynamic working, although regular office attendance will be required at our Bristol office.
- You bring demonstrable experience in data science and are able to provide clear examples of where your insights have driven positive business impact
- You are experienced in data preparation, exploratory data analysis (EDA) and feature engineering
- You can use machine learning tools and statistical techniques to produce solutions to business problems
- You can work closely with non-technical business experts to identify issues and use data to propose solutions for effective decision making
- You have a positive ‘can do’ attitude and are energised by a fast paced, commercial market
- You are not afraid to challenge the status quo, making recommendations to influence business improvement
- You are comfortable working collaboratively with several areas across the business including Sales, Pricing and Product teams
- You are a proactive self-starter who enjoys having the autonomy to drive change
- You possess strong presentation skills and are confident explaining complex subject matter to non-technical stakeholders
- Advanced Analytics and Data Science experience
- Demonstrable experience delivering data science projects
- Strong data manipulation and statistical analysis skills
- Experience implementing Machine Learning algorithms and statistical models
- Expert user of one or more popular BI Tools eg Oracle Analytics, Tableau, Looker, Qlik, Micro Strategy etc…
- Python experience
- SQL experience
- Stakeholder management experience
- An undergraduate or postgraduate degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, or a similar quantitative field is required
About The Company
Motability Operations is a unique organisation, virtually one of a kind. We combine a strong sense of purpose with a real commercial edge to ensure we provide the best possible worry-free mobility solutions to over 630,000 customers and their families across the UK. Customers exchange their higher rate mobility allowance to lease a range of affordable vehicles (cars, wheelchair accessible vehicles, scooters, and powered wheelchairs) with insurance, maintenance and breakdown assistance included. We are the largest car fleet operator in the UK (purchasing around 10% of all the new cars sold in the UK) and work with a network of around 5,000 car dealers and all the major manufacturers. We pride ourselves on delivering outstanding customer service, achieving an independently verified customer satisfaction rating of 9.8 out of 10.
Our values are at the heart of everything we do, and our people demonstrate these values:
- Forward thinking
As a Motability Operations team member, the benefits you can expect are:
- Competitive reward package including an annual discretionary bonus
- 15% non-contributory pension (9% non-contributory pension during probation period)
- 28 days annual leave with option to purchase and sell days
- 1 day for volunteering
- Funded Private Medical Insurance cover
- Electric/Hybrid Car Salary Sacrifice Scheme and Cycle to Work Scheme
- Life assurance at 4 times your basic salary to give you a peace of mind that your loved ones will receive some financial help
- Funded health screening for over 50s
- Voluntary benefits: charitable giving, critical illness insurance, dental insurance, health and cancer screenings for you and your partner, discounted gym memberships and season ticket loans
- Employee Discount Scheme with an app to save on the go
- Free access to healthcare apps such as Peppy, Unmind, Aviva Digital GP and volunteering app on Hand for all employees
- Generous family leave policies
At Motability Operations, we believe in building a diverse workforce, where our people are empowered to attend work as their true selves, and we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We want to sustain a culture that nurtures, where employees are free to flourish and where they’re rewarded equally, regardless of race, nationality or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, age, disability, or gender.
We pride ourselves on being an inclusive employer and as such, all our offices provide first rate disability access. With our hybrid working environment, we do our best to accommodate part-time and flexible working requests where possible, building on our culture of trust, empowerment, and flexibility.
Please note, Motability Operations reserves the right to bring forward the closing date of any of its job vacancies if we receive a suitable number of quality applications from which to make a shortlist. Therefore, we recommend that you apply as soon as possible rather than wait until the published closing date.
Company: Motability Operations Ltd
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Bristol,England,UnitedKingdom
Application Deadline: N/A