Website MUFG Investor Services
WoJobz Provides best career solutions and following listing is to apply for MUFG Investor Services in Pembroke Parish, Bermuda 2022 exclusively on wojobz.com
About MUFG Investor Services:
MUFG Investor Services provides asset servicing solutions to the global investment management industry. Leveraging the financial and intellectual capital of MUFG – one of the largest banks in the world with $2.8 trillion in assets – we provide clients access to a range of leading solutions from fund administration, middle-office outsourcing, custody, foreign exchange, trustee services and depository to securities lending and other banking services.
With a diverse and dynamic network of offices across the globe, MUFG Investor Services provides challenging and rewarding careers. We achieve this by offering continuous learning and development, collaborative team work environment, promotion of work-life integration, and exposure to a wide variety of work.
Imagine your future at MUFG Investor Services where you can grow professionally, in a diverse and inclusive workplace that rewards your contribution.
Due to exceptional demand for its services MUFG Fund Services Limited is seeking a Junior Associate Director, Reinsurance to work in its Bermuda office. This is a unique opportunity to join a dynamic, fast growing, global organization. The successful applicant will work closely with the reporting Managers to provide excellent service to MUFG Investor Services clients.
- Manage a small team and oversee all day-to-day transaction bookings, cash and accounting management for a Bermuda based reinsurance company
- Review and analysis of a variety of catastrophe reinsurance contracts
- Manage and assist in the preparation of daily/weekly/monthly management accounts and reporting packages
- Investigate issues pertaining to premiums payments, transaction settlements and reconciliation of trades
- Be proactive in developing and maintaining client relationships
- Perform and oversee transactions from post-trade through to audit completion
- Actively participate in the preparation of annual financial statements and other regulatory reporting requirements
- Support the reinsurance accounting team to ensure seamless integration of middle office and NAV functions
- Ensure that all client deliverables are on time and meet set quality standards
- Resolve and escalate issues/queries raised by the client in a timely manner and maintain a high level of client satisfaction
- Manage, train and develop junior team members as assigned
- Actively assist with internal and ISAE audit mandates as required
- Identify and highlight opportunities for internal process improvement and increase in efficiency
- Participate in various systems initiatives and projects and other duties as assigned
- Any other ad-hoc tasks as required
- Professional accounting designation (i.e. CPA, ACA or equivalent) with minimum 4 years’ post qualification experience with at least 3 years of relevant funds and reinsurance accounting experience required.
- Working towards additional profession designation would be an asset but not required (i.e. ARe)
- Prior experience with an audit firm including audits of reinsurance and or fund entities.
- Strong, demonstrable working knowledge of reinsurance products and the insurance industry, including experience reviewing, accounting for and/or auditing reinsurance contracts and reinsurance entities.
- Advanced financial accounting and/or auditing skills including experience accounting for complex financial instruments
- Proven ability to gain and retain client confidence.
- Ability to work efficiently within strict deadlines, where significant overtime may be required
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills (oral, written and presentation)
- Have experience in leading team, strong in coordination and people management, possess excellent planning and organizational skills
- Be able to demonstrate a good understanding of ILS, transformers, funds, fund structures, trading strategies, financial instruments and fund offering documentation
At MUFG Investor Services, we are exceptionally proud of our approach to Hybrid Working. It enables the flexibility to thrive from wherever our employees work and, stay connected to their team and our culture. When we make Hybrid Working plans, we get to know the individual and pride ourselves in underpinning all our decisions with fairness and consistency.
MUFG Investor Services provides all of its employees with an extremely attractive compensation package. In addition to base salary, there is a group medical insurance scheme, group pension scheme, reimbursement of professional subscriptions, paid holidays and assistance towards gym memberships.
We thank all candidates for applying; however, only those proceeding to the interview stage will be contacted. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure fair and equitable access throughout the recruitment and selection process. All accommodation information provided will be treated as confidential and used only to provide an accessible candidate experience.
MUFG is an equal opportunity employer.
Company: MUFG Investor Services
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pembroke Parish, Bermuda
Application Deadline: N/A