Website Newcrest Mining
WoJobz Provides best career solutions and following listing is to apply for Newcrest Mining in Papua New Guinea 2022 exclusively on wojobz.com
We are seeking an experienced person to fill Engineer-Process Control position on Lihir Island, this is a Fly-in-Fly-Out role. Reporting to the Superintendent-Process Control under the PRC Process Control section within Processing department, the successful incumbent will be responsible to build and lead the Control Systems Team to manage and support all process related control and monitoring systems at LIHIR .
The Role Will Have Responsibility To
- Ensure personal and team compliance with all company HSE requirements & policies including Fitness for Work.
- Develop team members through daily feedback, mentoring, coaching and formal training.
- Develop and manage of procedures, policies, training, and standards to ensure the Control Systems Team capability to reliably deliver equipment, infrastructure and system performance to suit the business needs.
- Design and implement technical solutions based on Stakeholder requirements.
- Foster & promote continuous improvement in safety, environment, cost & production outcomes via improved performance of the site control and monitoring systems
- Ensure LIHIR Control and Monitoring System standards and specifications are defined and communicated, provide feedback on compliance, through:
- Assist in the delivery of OT projects in accordance with business requirements and needs, including; Assist business stakeholders in the definition of scope and development of business cases for projects requiring OT services. Assist in the delivery of OT projects on time, within budget, to scope to achieve business case benefits, using agileapid methods where applicable.
- Prioritise project needs for action and ensure alignment to other OT related projects as required. Analyse performance data, downtime records, incidents, etc; Recommend changes to systems, procedures, practices; training, etc; Draft scopes, CER’s etc for implementation by projects group.
- Participate in & facilitating Business Improvement initiatives, change agents’ groups, etc; Lean and Six Sigma tools.
- Provide training, education & coaching to maintenance groups.
- Set standards & defining the compliance obligations
- Use service management processes, including change management, knowledge management, configuration and release management, incident, and problem management processes, and ensure relevant activities are carried out to minimise unpredicted impact on production services.
- Degree Certificate in Electrical, Electronic, Instrumentation & Control or related.
- Certificate in Workplace Assessment and Training or similar desirable.
- Skills in use of Engineering reliability software
- 5+ years Extensive related work experience especially in Mining industry essential,
- Demonstrated commercial acumen-with capacity to understand the wider implications of action to the business.
- Proficient in English with excellent verbal, written communication, and presentation skills.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work autonomously from time to time.
- High attention to detail with good time management skills.
- Relevant equipment license, PNG Driver’s Licence
- Need to be self-motivating and open to problem solving
- Need to be flexible with changing tasks
- Need to adapt to different challenges and changing circumstances
- Any previous experience within mining (highly desirable).
- Must be open to FIFO in PNG.
- Ability to successfully complete a pre-employment medical assessment.
- Must be willing to complete Police Character Checks
Newcrest’s commitment to diversity and inclusion respects both the rights of every individual to work to their highest potential, free of discrimination, as well as the cultures, religions and governing codes applicable to each country in which we operate.
If you share these values and feel that you could make a meaningful difference in this role, please apply online before COB Wednesday 14th December 2022.
Only Shortlisted Candidates will be contacted.
Company: Newcrest Mining
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Papua New Guinea
Application Deadline: N/A