Website Norwegian Refugee Council
WoJobz Provides best career solutions and following listing is to apply for Norwegian Refugee Council in Kandahar, Afghanistan 2022 exclusively on wojobz.com
Purpose of the Job:
The purpose of shelter Technical Officer Position is to contribute with specific technical competences to project implementation. The Shelter Technical Officer, under the direction of the Shelter Project Coordinator and Shelter Project Manager, will work in collaboration with the Society, other Partners, National and International Humanitarian Organizations, local authorities and affected communities within the mandate of the Organization and project in order to: Collaborate on Shelter and Settlements strategic planning from relief to recovery, program development and implementation with a focus on specific technical deliverables. Support the design and implementation of Shelter and Settlement programs with particular attention to design, specifications, safer building promotion, supervision and Housing Land and Property issues/security of tenure. With the aim, that the Shelter and Settlements components ensure joint and integrated programming that builds upon community capacities, quality and accountability to beneficiaries, maximizing local capacities and livelihood opportunities whilst reducing shelter and settlement related risks and vulnerabilities. This position will normally not entail management responsibility of staff, but under certain circumstances, the job may entail management responsibility for a very limited number of staff at Technical assistant level. Either these circumstances can be related to a time-bound support or permanent but in scope limited administrative support.
You can read more about this position at Job Description & NRC Grade Structure
- These responsibilities shall be the same for all positions with the same title. The responsibilities shall be short and essential. Details belong in the Work- and Professional Development Plan.
- Provide specific technical analysis and feedback to NRC representatives in coordination forums
- Assess, promote and document ideas for technical improvement and further program development options
- Core Competency Specific Technical responsibility for implementing technical activities, for tracking of financial expenditure, Quality control and monitoring, and project documentation of technical activities within core competency.
- Implement plan of action for Shelter Core Competency project (activities, budget and project documentation)
- Day to day follow of progress in project implementation
- Ensure compliance with NRC policies Core Competency tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need, and explore and asses new and better ways to assist
- Promote and share ideas for technical improvement
- Prepare periodic progress reports and other documents
- Ensure capacity building of project staff and transfer key skills
- Liaison and collaborate with relevant local authorities and stakeholders
- Promote the rights of Internally Displaced Peopleeturnees in line with the advocacy strategy .
- Desk study of relevant technical documents
- Provide technical support for architectural and structural design of the buildings, technical support to field staff ,especially close follow up of Shelter sealing of kit implementation in Kandahar
- Responsible to ensure the construction project is implemented according to the plan with the required quality and design, Conduct field visit and interviewing returnees/Internally Displaced People in Kandahar.
- carry out regular site monitoring and quality control of the shelter project
- Interview relevant stakeholders for urban shelter or infrastructure project needs and opportunities
- Participate in Assessment report and concept paper for infrastructure project
- Development of holistic and needs based programmes, including cash-based interventions and marked based programmes
- Prepare weekly and monthly reports.
- Responsible for assessment, project planning, implementation and monitoring
- Conduct field visits and prepare reports on weekly basis.
- Enhance community participation and conduct field assessment of beneficiaries
- Assessment on site, needs and resources, shelter type, data on returnees/ Internally Displaced People.
- Beneficiary selection, Identify vulnerable families eligible for shelter assistance according to pre-established selection criteria
- Any others tasks assigned by the supervisor.
Company: Norwegian Refugee Council
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Kandahar, Afghanistan
Application Deadline: N/A