Website Pan American Development Foundation
WoJobz Provides best career solutions and following listing is to apply for Pan American Development Foundation in The Bahamas 2022 exclusively on wojobz.com
The Pan American Development Foundation (PADF) believes in creating a hemisphere of opportunity, for all. We work across Latin America and the Caribbean to make our region stronger—more healthy, peaceful, just, inclusive, resilient, and sustainable for current and future generations. For nearly 60 years, we have served the most vulnerable communities, investing resources throughout the hemisphere. We partner with and enable civil society, governments, and the private sector for the greater good of the region.
PADF is recruiting a Project Coordinator for a Department of State-funded project that will improve Caribbean partner nation capacity to conduct various policing functions by enhancing academy curricula, training and standards and incorporating best practices in the police institutions throughout the region. The goal of the project is to provide a foundation that will strengthen the relationship between police and communities, and ensure that police academy recruitment, education, and practices result in law enforcement officers capable of addressing citizen security challenges.
The Project Coordinator will be based in Nassau, Bahamas, but PADF expects the candidate to cover activities in other areas of the country. The Project Coordinator will provide overall leadership and technical direction for the project in-country and will liaise with the Royal Bahamas Police Force regularly. Bahamas or CARICOM nationals are encouraged to apply.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
Major duties and responsibilities include:
- Monitor key project activities, timelines, deadlines, and deliverables to ensure efficient project implementation.
- Provide assistance to subject-matter experts to assess Bahamas’ police academy’s basic and new recruit training and other relevant curricula and produce suggested modifications.
- Contribute to the updating and upgrading of the curriculum based on findings and recommendations and conduct pilot testing with professors, trainers, and other police academy facilitators in the Bahamas.
- Work closely with IMPACS’ Regional Advisor and Training Coordinator to understand gaps in courses and priority areas in CBSI-Connect and identify academy curriculum that may address professional development gaps.
- Ensure all activity plans follow PADF donor regulations.
- Performs research and analysis supporting implementation of the project in the field.
- Review and edit documents, and provide input and comments to improve the quality of project materials being produced.
- Draft monthly progress reports for submission to PADF HQ.
- Draft project quarterly reports for submission to the donor.
- Communicate well with PADF headquarters staff and contributes to PADF’s overall hemispheric strategy.
- Provide logistical and administrative support for project activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the project’s Technical Director.
- Analysis/Problem Solving – Able to identify and separate out the key components of problems and situations. Able to manipulate and interpret a variety of information for patterns and trends and to deduce cause and effect. Can generate a range of creative solutions, evaluate them, and choose the most appropriate option.
- Planning and organizing – Able to achieve results in a quality, timely, and cost-effective way. Sees priorities, plans the efficient use of resources, and monitors progress against objectives. Anticipates crucial stages in projects. Formulates alternative means of achieving objectives. Responds effectively to unforeseen events.
- Interpersonal Effectiveness – Able to influence the views and behavior of others through persuasion and encouragement. Manages conflict or other sensitive issues tactfully and effectively. Able to adapt behavior to a wide range of people.
- Communication – Able to communicate information and ideas clearly and articulately both in oral and written form both to experts and non-experts. Uses appropriate language, style, and methods depending on audience and the purpose of communication. Able to convey complex information clearly. Anticipates the information that others will need.
- Superior interpersonal skills and ability to interact with staff in Washington D.C. and in the Bahamas, especially government-level stakeholders, civil society, and other stakeholders, as needed.
- Flexible in a fast-paced environment.
- A team player with the ability to work with a multi-disciplinary team.
- An BA/BS degree in social science, law, international relations, political science, public policy, economics, criminal justice, or related field required. A Master’s degree (or equivalent experience) is strongly preferred. Equivalent education in police academies will be considered.
- More than five (5) years’ experiences in program management including grant coordination, financial tracking, and monitoring and evaluation.
- More than five (5) years’ experience in international development, citizen security, policing, government reform, or another related field.
- Knowing of the Royal Bahamas Police Force and the Bahamas security apparatus.
- Experience managing relationships with international donors including the U.S. Government, bilateral donors, foundations, etc. would be desirable.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to effectively prepare clear and concise reports, strategies, and/or proposals.
More About PADF
PADF is an independent 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization established by the Organization of American States (OAS) in 1962. www.padf.org
PADF’s core values. “H-E-A-R-T” = Honesty, Excellence, Accountability, Respect, and Teamwork.
Diversity. PADF is strong because we are diverse. We actively seek a diverse applicant pool and encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply. PADF does not discriminate on the basis of ability, age, gender identity and expression, national origin, race and ethnicity, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, or criminal record. We welcome all kinds of diversity. Our employees include people who are parents and nonparents, the self-taught and university educated, and from a wide span of cultures, languages, socio-economic backgrounds, and perspectives on the world.
PADF is an equal opportunity employer
Company: Pan American Development Foundation
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: The Bahamas
Application Deadline: N/A