Website Randstad India
WoJobz Provides best career solutions and following listing is to apply for Randstad India in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India 2022 exclusively on wojobz.com
GM Business Operations – Manufacturing & Supply Chain Management
Location: Head office, Navi Mumbai Reporting to: MD
Relevant Industry Experience – Specialty Chemicals
Years of experience – 15 – 20 years
Educational Qualifications – B.E – Chemical + MBA
Strategy and Development:
· Overall responsibility for Procurement and Manufacturing activities across the business
· Create and implement best practice policies, processes, and procedures to aid and improve business performance
· Ensure that strategies and processes are in place to meet business objectives and operational needs in terms of price, quality, and delivery targets and which enables the company to function and compete effectively in the market
· Take due cognizance and evaluate the challenges faced by the business and take decisive action to mitigate risks and develop opportunities
· Contribute to overall business strategy and annual budget process
· Take ownership of the supply chain policy, guidelines, and any associated documents and drive continual improvement.
· Initiate and develop creative and innovative manufacturing and product packaging processes.
General and Task Management:
· Lead, develop and implement cost reduction programs across all areas of responsibility
· Implement a customer-focused operational culture delivering world-class customer service levels
· Coordinate team activities to optimize the cost performance of the SCM team and the manufacturing plants under her/him through capital investment programs, optimizing operating working capital usage and minimizing waste through the development of a continuous improvement culture encompassing lean principles and clear strategic development
· Develop and manage accurate forecasts, master production schedules, and operations budgets for products to directly support and ensure that the product is delivered to agreed cost, quality, and timelines.
· Continuously monitor price movements of commodities and other materials and implement appropriate stocking strategy.
· Ensure vendor satisfaction and develop their loyalty towards the organization.
· Monitor vendor performance and take actions like change in share of the business and/or developing new vendors.
· Oversee planning and execution of maintenance activity to ensure each plant is kept safe, productive, and compliant
· Drive improvements in reliability for key aspects of plant machinery by completing reliability studies and identifying the best-planned maintenance strategy
· Operate a process for the safe selection of external contractors and ensure that all external maintenance contracts are regularly reviewed to ensure the best value
· Provide inputs for economic manufacturability at early stages in the development of new formulations, coordinating with and supporting the product development teams to implement new and revised product formulations, setting critical controls, and developing effective processes to ensure manufacturability of the final product while maintaining quality, safety, and environmental standards and achieving cost targets
· Manage the fault-free and on-time introduction of new products.
· Drive new project management which may involve new plant installations and ensure timely project execution within agreed budgets. Ensure that Environmental, Health and Safety, manufacturing, and quality standards and procedures are adhered to.
· Provide leadership to departments under control and coach, mentor, and develop the direct reports, and manage a high-performing team that delivers continuous improvement, added value, and cost reductions
· Establish a strategy and best practices for staff to ensure the achievement of overall business objectives. Work with each of the reporting team to translate strategy into specific annual performance goals and departmental objectives including KPIs, and to track them
· Ensure that the departmental objectives are set well in advance and monitor ongoing progress and performance
· Ensure strong communication between teams under leadership to facilitate the exchange of information and to implement change and improvements
· Ensure that each team operates in accordance with any health, safety, and environmental policies and procedures to ensure the safety and well-being of staff and visitors
· Be responsible for developing the appropriate organizational structure, resource plans, and culture to support the Company Vision, Mission, Values, business objectives, and customer deliverables
· Provide leadership, coordination, and coaching to the teams, ensuring they are trained enabling them to achieve the operational and financial metrics within their areas of responsibility and succeed in their roles
· Complete regular performance reviews, and manage attendance, holidays, disciplinary issues, and procedures as appropriate in collaboration with the HR function.
· Establish a program with HR to map and improve the skills and competencies of people. Do suitable organizational changes to link competencies with the roles and responsibilities of people reporting to her/him.
Financial and Budget Management:
· Be responsible for the preparation of annual budgets, getting approvals, and compliance related to supply chain, business operations, and manufacturing.
· Consolidate the annual Capital Expenditure proposals including those related to ensuring statutory compliances and meeting applicable quality, safety, health, and environmental standards. Manage the budget from identification to completion of projects.
· Manage costs of manufacturing and logistics through efficient coordination and synchronization, adopting principles of lean, Kaizen, 5S, problem-solving, and loss reduction to add Economic Value.
· Implement a robust system across business and technical functions to identify hazards, risk evaluation, and risk management.
· Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure optimal performance
· Proactively work with Finance, Sales and Marketing, product development, IT, and other functions to incorporate best practices into the operations environment
· Report on activities regularly to the Senior Management team, ensuring accurate and timely reporting of the relevant Key Performance Indicators
· Work collaboratively, negotiate, and engage with key stakeholders to facilitate delivery and compliance with the broader Marketing strategy
· Communicate with stakeholders the impact of technology change and potential effects on the supply chain, manufacturing, and delivery. Recommend solutions without compromising quality or service while optimizing cost
· Contribute to new business initiatives and projects and review and communicate the impact on activities for which she/he is accountable and responsible.
· Review environmental strategies that impact future ways of operating and ensure implementation where possible
· Review the use of technological systems that support a more environmentally friendly approach
· Review opportunities to enhance the image of the organization to be seen as environmentally friendly.
· Support, comply and ensure complicity with Health & Safety regulations, Quality and Environmental standards, and all other Company policies and procedures
· Inspire and motivate the team
Skills and Attributes that are vital:
· Proven leadership and management skills with the ability to optimize team performance and development
· Excellent relationship management skills with the ability to engage, negotiate and manage key stakeholders and suppliers
· Strong and confident negotiator with the ability to negotiate at all levels
· Excellent communication, interpersonal, and influencing skills
· Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities
· Results orientated with the ability to plan and deliver against project deadlines
· Commercially and financially astute with experience in managing budgets
· Resilient, self-motivated, and able to work well under pressure
· Technical mindset
· An appreciation of and an ability to positively resolve issues arising from different cultures
Desired Qualifications & Experience Levels:
· Postgraduate degree in management with specialization in general management or operations management
· Preferably a member of an industry-related Professional Body
· Demonstrable experience in leading business operations involving SCM and manufacturing functions with a proven track record in strategic leadership delivering effective strategies, policies, processes, and systems.
· Demonstrated ability to add value, reduce costs and make business improvements
· Proven project management and product quality experience
· Experience in operating and influencing at a strategic level
· Knowledge and technical understanding of organic and inorganic chemical processes, formulations, manufacturing techniques, and customer applications.
Company: Randstad India
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Application Deadline: N/A