Website Recruiting from Scratch
WoJobz Provides best career solutions and following listing is to apply for Recruiting from Scratch in Ca Charlotte, Sud Department, Haiti 2022 exclusively on wojobz.com
Who is Recruiting from Scratch:
Recruiting from Scratch is a premier talent firm that focuses on placing the best product managers, software, and hardware talent at innovative companies. Our team is 100% remote and we work with teams across the United States to help them hire. We work with companies funded by the best investors including Sequoia Capital, Lightspeed Ventures, Tiger Global Management, A16Z, Accel, DFJ, and more.
If you are a fit, the team will reach out to you about this role or any others that may be a fit for our clients.
A pioneer in K–12 education since 2000, our client is leading the way in next-generation curriculum and assessment. Their captivating core and supplemental programs in ELA, math, and science engage all students in rigorous learning and inspire them to think deeply, creatively, and for themselves. Their formative assessment products turn data into practical instructional support to help students at every skill level build a strong foundation in early reading and math. Their programs provide teachers with powerful tools that help them understand and respond to the needs of all their students. Today, our client serves five million students in all 50 states.
Our client is a leader in creating immersive, rigorous digital learning experiences that look great, play great, and help students expect great things of themselves. Our client has been described as the best tech company in education, and the best education company in tech.
They are looking for a talented and passionate Engineering Manager to be a leader within a technology team where every engineer is responsible for the quality of their product and the happiness of their students and teachers. You’ll play an active role in imagining and improving product design and the classroom experience.
What You’ll Do:
Impress the toughest customers around – students – by:
- Building engaging, quirky, fast front ends using frameworks like React
- Ensuring an equitable experience for students by implementing code that runs great across platforms under variable memory and network constraints
Make life better for passionate teachers by:
- Improving apps reliability and uptime
- Monitoring apps to make sure they are available to teachers and classrooms
- Building well structured and documented APIs so that our apps can interoperate with ease
- Frequently and confidently shipping improvements from your laptop to classrooms
- Architecting apps that meet the ultimate reliability and uptime challenge for digital tools – is this better than paper?
Help school administrators build great schools by:
- Building software that respects privacy and ensures security while offering useful insights
- Implementing code that runs great across platforms under variable memory and network constraints
- Analyzing performance and squashing tricky bugs using tools like DataDog or AWS CloudWatch
Learn every day by:
- Collaboration, pull requests, and mentoring on a cross-functional team
- Participating in cross-team share-outs, brownbags, and workshop series
Example Projects You Might Work On:
- Crafting immersive compelling experiences for teachers and students using the latest web tools.
- Implementing logic that handles student work: from persistence to selecting the right activity for the right student at the right moment.
- Optimizing software so that it can handle hundreds of thousands of kids with stability and security in mind.
- Ensuring existing software continues to function well.
- Improving the workflows and tooling, and of course the existing customer experience.
The role at a glance:
This role requires a frontend expert who has exposure or experience in the backend (preferably Java). No problem if you are missing backend experience if you’re willing to learn we’re willing to teach!
You Must Have:
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- 3+ years of professional software development experience
- Solid CS and software engineering fundamentals, and the wisdom to know when they’re relevant
- Experience with server-side development with Java (Dropwizard or Spring Boot)
- Experience with database technologies (modeling, ORMs, tuning)
- Experience deploying production systems in the cloud (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Proven experience with verbal and written communication
Extra Credit For:
- Experience with tools we use every day:
- Build: Linux, Code Pipeline, Docker
- Storage: Postgres, Redshift, S3
- Deploy: Terraform, AWS (Fargate, Lambda, SQS, etc.), Datadog
- Experience with tools we don’t use, but should, and the wisdom to know when to recommend them
- Proven passion for building and learning: open source contributions, pet projects, self-education, Stack Overflow
- Experience in education or ed-tech
Benefits: PTO, Healthcare, and more!
Base Salary Range: $100,000-$130,000
Company: Recruiting from Scratch
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Ca Charlotte, Sud Department, Haiti
Application Deadline: N/A