Development Competency Lead in Sanlam CapeTown,WesternCape,SouthAfrica
WoJobz Provides best career solutions and following listing is to apply for Sanlam in CapeTown,WesternCape,SouthAfrica 2022 exclusively on wojobz.com
About the job
Who are we?
Glacier by Sanlam brings together leading experts and respected financial services companies to meet clients’ investment needs. We deliver focused investment services through specialist teams, partner with acclaimed financial intermediaries and pride ourselves on our superior products and solutions and high quality service. We offer a comprehensive range of investment solutions, designed to assist in the creation and preservation of wealth. Our offering encompasses local investments, including fixed term investments and investments with guarantees, international investments, retirement saving solutions, and retirement income solutions. While each solution has its own distinct purpose, they all share the world-class quality and commitment that have come to distinguish Glacier.
What will you do?
As the Development Competency Lead, the incumbent will be responsible for the enablement and management of the Software Development Competency across all Squads. As a member of the Glacier IT leadership team, the role contributes to the development and execution of the enterprise-wide IT strategy, and ensures its alignment with the enterprise’s business strategy and the delivery of capabilities required to achieve business success. A big part of the role entails the translation of the IT Strategy into tangible deliverables.
What will make you successful in this role?
The following outcomes will be expected to be achieved by the Development Competency Lead:
- Champion the reliable delivery of software through continuous improvement of the software development practice.
- Enable the DevSecOps philosophy by collaborating with IT operations and business operations teams to build software that is easy to support and administer.
- Manage the transition from development to operations, ensuring a smooth rollout, deployment and transfer to the operational and support groups.
- Drive automation of the development pipeline to visualize key metrics such as code quality, test coverage, code review, application security scans, threat analysis results and build health.
- Delivering great technology based on frameworks and best practices
- Investigating and implementing innovative technologies to continuously improve the quality and efficiency of delivery
- Support Architects in ensuring that the team follows architectural best practice
- Champion development best practices
- Lead design reviews
- Maintain quality focus
- Resolve technical disputes
- Research new technologies
- Coach Lead Software Developers on software development best practices
- Have deep technical and software expertise
- Strong technical and analytical skills, with expert knowledge of software development languages, platforms, and current methodologies.
- Recruitment – hire great developers
- On-boarding new hires
- Grow skills
- Set performance objectives/Review performance and give feedback
- Arbitrate inter-team personality conflicts
- Motivate staff
- Ability to lead a diverse team of software developers
Qualifications And Experience
- 8+ years .NET and C# development experience
- 8+ years Object Oriented Programming (OOP)
- 4+ years in a successful Agile environment with hands-on experience working with Agile principles and practices
- Experience with creating a DevOps pipeline as well as resolving the technical and cultural issues related to optimizing a DevOps pipeline
- Experience with test automation, gated commits, continuous integration (CI), and continuous deployment (CD) patterns
- Significant experience developing micro-services, enterprise service bus (ESB) architectures, and RESTful API’s
- A combination of a highly technical hands-on software developer and an effective people manager
Qualification And Experience
Degree or Diploma and the required Certification with 8 to 10 years related experience.
Knowledge And Skills
Interpersonal savvy – Contributing through others
Decision quality – Contributing through others
Plans and aligns – Contributing through others
Optimises work processes – Contributing through others
Build a successful career with us
We’re all about building strong, lasting relationships with our employees. We know that you have hopes for your future – your career, your personal development and of achieving great things. We pride ourselves in helping our employees to realise their worth. Through its four business clusters – Sanlam Life and Savings, Sanlam Investment Group, Sanlam Emerging Markets, Santam, as well as MiWay and the Group Office – the group provides many opportunities for growth and development.
Cultivates innovation – Contributing through others
Customer focus – Contributing through others
Drives results – Contributing through others
Collaborates – Contributing through others
Being resilient – Contributing through others
The shortlisting process will only start once the application due date has been reached. The time taken to complete this process will depend on how far you progress and the availability of managers. Closing Date: 23 September 2022
Our commitment to transformation
The Sanlam Group is committed to achieving transformation and embraces diversity. This commitment is what drives us to achieve a diverse, inclusive and equitable workplace as we believe that these are key components to ensuring a thriving and sustainable business in South Africa. The Group’s Employment Equity plan and targets will be considered as part of the selection process.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: CapeTown,WesternCape,SouthAfrica
Application Deadline: N/A