WoJobz Provides best career solutions and following listing is to apply for SGS in Durban,KwaZulu-Natal,SouthAfrica 2022 exclusively on wojobz.com
About the job
SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 97,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world.
The Natural Resources Trade Energy business carries out coal analyses, cargo and vessel inspection, visual inspection, stockpile inventory measurement, equipment inspection services, traditional and mechanical sampling as well as supplying a range of onsite and outsourced laboratory facilities to the coal sector.
SGS South Africa is recruiting for an Area Manager who will be responsible to lead, plan and organize specific activities in the short and medium term within the specific sites.
- Responsible for day to day coordination of the Southern KZN sites.
- Recommends and incorporates cost saving initiatives into budgets and controls expenditure within approved parameters
- Responsible for capital, revenue and expense budgeting for (Southern KZN sites).
- Ensure that Southern KZN sites have capable staff to ensure the work flow.
- Responsible for pricing policies in conjunction with the Global Technical Manager.
- Set annual budget targets in collaboration with the Global Technical Manager.
- Responsible for effective and appropriate use of equipment and facilities.
- Adhere to all quality and safety requirements of the SGS management system.
- Perform any other reasonable task as assigned by direct line manager.
- Perform monthly meetings with relevant Managers
- Implements systems to monitor, update and publish resource models for use by stakeholders
- Keep abreast of new trends, current development and relevant research.
- Attend all meetings as per client requirements.
- Maintain a minimum of 75 % scoring with the Southern KZN KPI’s.
- Adhere to our clients Health and Safety regulations and rules.
- Manage personnel at the Southern KZN sites.
- Develop and execute operating plans, targets/budgets for such operations as per above
- Perform relevant technical training to new/existing staff at Southern KZN sites.
- Perform monthly meetings with relevant Managers.
- Implement and upheld the ISO 17025.
- Conduct monthly service level agreement performance meetings with clients.
- Quarterly client satisfaction surveys to be done with all stake holders.
- Degree/Diploma in Chemistry (preferably).
- Grade 12 with Mathematics and Science
- Computer literacy
- Minimum of 5 years applicable experience in the field of analytical chemistry
- Previous supervisory experience would be recommended
- Client liaison is essential
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Knowledge and advice to provide advice to laboratory and operations.
- Ability to problem solving
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Durban,KwaZulu-Natal,SouthAfrica
Application Deadline: N/A