WoJobz Provides best career solutions and following listing is to apply for Shell in Dubai,Dubai,UnitedArabEmirates 2022 exclusively on wojobz.com
About the job
Nothing gets done in a single silo or a function anymore, constant collaboration is a new premium and big things are always led by cross functional teams. If you are a self- driven person and eager to make a mark in one of the most challenging and fast changing external environment – the Middle East Region, then this is the role to prove your worth by driving the growth agenda with your techno-commercial experience across UAE market targeting to achieve the ultimate potential 2025 business objectives.
Where You Fit In
The Middle East Lubricant business is a part of Europe, Africa ME region of Global Lubricants business and is one of the driving forces, to grow market share of Shell lubricants to maintain our Global market leadership position.
Our technological advancement over our globalegional competitors has given us the edge in the past which we will like to continue for the future. You in the capacity Lubricant technical advisor & LA admin, under the leadership of Regional Sales Manager MECAS, will be directly responsible to provide first line technical advice to direct/indirect accounts, industrial and transport customers and Shell Sales force on the use of the Shell lubricants portfolio in order to best exploit the technical attributes of Shell products and services to commercial advantages, and to trouble shoot any technical issues.
ME Ambition 2025 defines clear strategic pillars for growth to reach ultimate potential for the region in the next five years and winning through our technical experience and techno-commercial selling is a key strategic pillar for our growth. As a Lubricant technical advisor and key member of ME lubricants team, you will be the driving force in delivering techno-commercial sales pitch and advice to customers to help them achieve their objectives whilst using Shell lubricants. You need to deliver through strong collaboration with the sales/ marketing teams to achieve the required business objectives for ambitious growth. You will also act as a Lube analyst admin for the region.
What’s the role?
- The role requires strong techno-commercial & selling skills and strong stakeholder management to deliver aspirational business targets. You will be required to work with FWS, GKA’s, B2B direct customers and our indirect channel partners across the UAE market.
- You will serve as the one stop solution for all technical related issues/queries across the region, whether internal or external to fulfill the business needs.
- The individual will be required to balance technical requirements with commercial pressures for objectives delivery in a successful manner. Moreover, new revenue streams is an important pillar of growth which includes monetization of Technical services which this individual will be expected to lead across his respective area of business.
- Achieve/exceed KPIs: HSSE, volume, net revenue, channel/product category specific growth, and sales excellence
- To support to and to secure technical partnership with key direct accounts. Provide front line technical support to customers and sales staff including problem solving, troubleshooting and application advice for 80% of all front line technical issues. This may be pro-active in line with Sales/Marketing effort and business objectives or reactive to customer complaints/claims or used oil analysis
- Provide basic failure diagnosis for lubrication related failure (e.g. bearing or gear) where lubricants quality or practices are in question Correctly specify appropriate Shell products to be used for specific applications (vehicles, machinery and equipment), including the specification of equivalent Shell product to replace a competitor’s product, for all lubricants products. Immediate recommendations should be possible for more than 75% of applications, and with use of reference materials and networks, etc. should be possible for 95% of all cases.
- Prepare customer plant/equipment audits, lubrication surveys, product rationalization audits and conduct field trials, as necessary to support the overall business strategy Liaise with local OEMs or local branches of global OEMs, to develop product approvals, only under guidance from the identified OEM ‘owner’ in the Line of Business team (OEM Approval Mgrs.) so only for selected global priority approved OEMs.
- Provide HSE, Occupational Health, safety and product disposal advice to customers and front line sales, in line with local legislation requirements. Actively keep up to date with changes in legislation Receive referrals of technical problems or other customer contact from the CSO or THD and work to resolve with the customer.
- Feedback to the CSO or THD to ensure continual improvement in the fielding of enquiries and understanding of technical issues. Pro-actively up date CSO/THD with key customer or product information Support and act jointly with local Marketing Specialist to enhance our Shell Technology Intimacy image through Sales into the market To drive top and bottom line growth.
- Work closely with local sales and global accounts who have the ‘ownership’ of the customers, to provide appropriate technical support to maintain and gain business in line with business strategy. Carry out joint and solo visits (with knowledge of sales force) to new and existing customers providing technical proposals/assistance to generate sales opportunities, with both existing and new products Drive x/up-sales opportunities through developing and delivering appropriate lubricants training to direct Sales/Marketing staff to develop their expertise, as well as tailored training packages for Gold/Platinum Customers where required
- Refer complex technical issues to the Senior Lubricants Technical Advisor or to the PAS network for resolution, working with them to ensure issue is completed satisfactorily, with local customer follow up by the Technical staff as necessary Develop and deliver appropriate lubricants training to direct Shell Sales staff to develop their product-application-services expertise
- Develop and deliver appropriate lubricants training to direct Shell Sales staff to develop their product-application-services expertise Exploiting the use of Sales First tools through integrated T-SPANCOP with Sales one and delivering DVRs according to global needs and guidelines in order to provide proven Technology Leadership or Value Led examples.
- Liaise with Operational Portfolio Managers for product portfolio issues as appropriate and provide/advice alternatives. Manage portfolio harmonization process at customer level, including smooth conversion of customers caused by product introductions and retirements Acting and behaving according to Shell Global Business Principles, Code of Conduct, HSSE standards and rules.
What We Need From You
- Degree in Engineering or Chemistry or comparable technical background.
- Proven track record of technical experience in lubricants and its applications
- Needs to be fluent in English, Arabic will be an added advantage
- Experience in a customer facing role beneficial, demonstrates interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with Distributors, customers, internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated negotiation skills
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Dubai,Dubai,UnitedArabEmirates
Application Deadline: N/A