WoJobz Provides best career solutions and following listing is to apply for Siemens in York,England,UnitedKingdom 2022 exclusively on wojobz.com
About the job
At Siemens Mobility, we are changing the way people travel, from smart road systems to digital railways. But it’s the people that make our company. Not the other way around!
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Commercial Manager or Senior Quantity Surveyor to join our Rail Infrastructure business in Ashby. Reporting to the Senior Commercial Manager, you will provide Siemens with pre/post contract commercial support for designated projects, including subcontract, materials and direct labour. You will ensure projects are successfully delivered within cost and time constraints and act as a primary interface to work with Project Managers, Work Package Managers, Key Stakeholders and Suppliers.
The role is based in Ashby de la Zouch, which is our hub for the CIS (Communication Information Systems) business, however we are happy to accept candidates from other locations UK wide with the expectation to travel to Ashby on a regular basis.
These Are Your Responsibilities
Commercial management of various projects /work packages as directed. These may include Design, Installation, Test & Commission, Materials, Telecoms, Electrification, Power, Plant, Professional Services, Civil Engineering and Permanent Way
- Be responsible for project work package change control and management
- Provide key commercial interface for responsible work package manager
- Provide contractual and commercial support to Project Managers and Engineering
- Be responsible for work package cost management, including forecasting, budget management and control
- Monitor and actively manage and mitigate work package risks
- Provide input to internal and external commercial reports as required by Commercial Delivery Strategy
- Ensure processes and document control align with the appropriate company standards
- Work and collaborate with key partners in finance, project management, engineering, sub-contractors, suppliers and clients
- Be responsible for maintaining auditable records for responsible work packages in accordance with contractual requirements
Qualification And Skills Needed For This Role
We are looking for someone with previous Quantity Surveyor / Contracts Administrator experience working within a contractor side project environment.
- Experience ideally gained in a similar or related industry e.g. rail, engineering, construction
- Degree qualified or equivalent and/or hold or working towards professional qualification- RICS, ICES or similar
- Strong track record in a contractor side, project environment
- Able to manage both direct labour and subcontract costs
- Ability to estimate change / variations using various methods
- Able to forecast cost and measure cost of work complete
- Good negotiation skills
- Ability to manage commercial strategies
- Ability to work with limited supervision and manage expectations
- Good financial and commercial acumen
- Ability to work under own initiative and under cost or time critical conditions
- Good Contractual knowledge and experience
- Confident and able to deal externally and internally at all levels
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them! We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new! That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK’s largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Full / Part time: Full-time
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: York,England,UnitedKingdom
Application Deadline: N/A