Website SMG Service Management Group
WoJobz Provides best career solutions and following listing is to apply for SMG Service Management Group in Reading, England, United Kingdom 2022 exclusively on wojobz.com
SMG – Service Management Group is hiring a Senior Software Engineer to join our team!
SMG helps organizations generate new revenue, grow existing revenue, reduce churn and detractors, and drive operational efficiencies. Our unique software with a service (SwaS) model puts a dual focus on platform technology and professional services, making it easy for brands to activate insights based on customer, patient, and employee feedback.
Are you looking for the next professional opportunity that will challenge you and advance your career? Join our team now! SMG is searching for a Senior Software Engineer who will use their technical expertise to help design, develop, and maintain cutting edge SaaS products. We are looking for associates who love technology and are excited to use their skills to build interesting software!
As a Senior Software Engineer at SMG, this is what you will do:
- Design, develop, and maintain complex software components
- Lead technical design and code reviews for all new enhancements and work delivered; can sign off on small features.
- Understand complex business and functional requirements and provide direction in technical specifications and product requirements.
- Enforce all coding best practices in development across the team
- Maintain and improve current knowledge on the latest technologies relevant to the role regarding algorithms, language, design methodology, third-party development tools, application platforms, hardware compatibility and operating systems.
- Create, maintain, and execute unit tests
- Create and maintain documentation on internal architecture of the system
- Propose product design features to support scalability, usability, and better performance
- Assess work required and provide formal estimates of effort to satisfy requirements
- Work with technical architects to establish best practices in coding and development and ensure consistency of the use of best practices within the team
- Perform other duties as assigned.
You are a perfect match for the role if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years’ experience in software development, design, and database operations
- Previous experience building cloud-based SaaS applications.
- Experience in building modern micro-service applications and a relevant technology stack.
- Strong technical skills, including architectural patterns and how/when to implement.
- Experience with Agile Software development techniques including Scrum and Kanban.
- Strong knowledge of formal Algorithmic analysis and design
- Fluent English
Required tech stack experience:
- C# Dotnet Core or .NET 5+
- Developing and deploying applications on a public cloud provider (ideally Azure)
- Experience with SQL or similar relational database
Nice to have experience:
- .NET MAUI
- Experience using document databases
- Entity Framework Core
What we offer to our talent:
- This is a remote full-time position. You can work from anywhere that allows a minimum of four hours of business working hours overlap with US Central time zone.
- Competitive compensation package and ample opportunities to learn and grow.
- Diverse, experienced, and friendly team which will welcome you, support you and challenge you.
- We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and create an inclusive work environment in which all our colleagues experience belonging, have their unique needs respected and met, have equal access to opportunities and resources, and feel fully engaged to contribute to the company’s success.
Company: SMG Service Management Group
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Reading, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A