Website Social Security Scotland
WoJobz Provides best career solutions and following listing is to apply for Social Security Scotland in Dundee,Scotland,UnitedKingdom 2022 exclusively on wojobz.com
About the job
This role presents a unique opportunity to work as a Business Analyst within the Chief Digital Office division, working across a number of specialisms and supporting the exciting and transformational goals of the wider Social Security Scotland.
Your initial responsibility will be for a team of Senior and Junior Business Analysts that focus on 2nd line triage of system incidents, confirming whether an incident is indeed a new defect or a known issue against system requirements. You will also be responsible for analysts provided by our live service commercial partner. This This an integral and critical part of the Agency Live Service team.
- Manages the business requirements and business analysis across multiple work-streams, drives the delivery of high quality business specifications for users
- Responsible for staff management, resource forecasting and budget management.
- Responsible for preparing business cases, benefits realisation and knowledge transfer.
- Building a team of analysis expertise with knowledge of automated workflow systems, developing and overseeing the creation of business and systems design specifications/artefacts
- Applies a range of techniques to establish and analyse the current state of people, processes and technology in customer organisations
- Analyses the relevant metrics likely to affect business cases for change, including customer engagement, performance, transaction volumes, procurement and commercial elements of customer operations
- Supports the identification of options to deliver enhanced outcomes for citizens and organisations through better use of technology
- Serve as a conduit between technical staff and client subject matter experts
- Examining new and existing systems, Structuring and developing business requirements, advising on alternative and/or complimentary approaches to satisfying a business requirement
- Evaluates and undertakes impact analysis on major design options.
- Responsible for managing and governing requirements (user stories) throughout the project life cycle to ensure they meet the business needs, are consistent and have the correct level of acceptance criteria
- Conducts business impact assessments to identify how the changes from the “as is” processes, systems and structures to the “to be”
- Facilitates scoping and business priority setting for large or complex changes, engaging senior stakeholders as required.
- Leadership and management of a team of Business Analysts, giving direction and advice where necessary.
- Solid track record of business analysis in a digital/DDaT project environment
- Effective consulting, presentation, communication and stakeholder management skills including the ability to capture and document robust requirements
- Demonstrable and practical experience, in a project environment including exposure to project methodologies such as Prince2, Agile
- Knowledge of emerging technologies and how these support the business
Annual Leave – You will receive 25 days annual leave on joining us. This will increase to 30 days after four full years of service. You will also have 11.5 public and privilege days of leave every year. We also offer Flexi-time. Any extra hours you’ve worked can be taken as leave when suitable.
A Civil Service Pension – This job comes with a Civil Service pension. New joiners to the Civil Service will join a career average pension scheme as standard. Read more here – www.civilservicepensionscheme.org.uk.
Healthy work life balance -We can offer the possibility of full-time, part-time, term-time, and job shares. We also encourage flexible working.
Discounts – You can enjoy a vast range of retail, travel and lifestyle discounts through our benefit scheme.
Personal support for you – Our Employee Assistance Programme gives you confidential, independent information and guidance 24/7.
Volunteering special leave – Up to three days paid special leave a year for volunteering. We support our staff to help causes important to them.
Great locations – Our bright and modern offices in the heart of Dundee and Glasgow have been designed with staff in mind. Both locations are ideal for public transport.
Successful candidates must pass a disclosure and barring security check.
People working with government assets must complete
Selection process details
Sift & Interview dates are to be confirmed
To apply please submit an application form by clicking on the ‘Apply at Advertisers Site’ button
Feedback will only be provided if you attend an interview or assessment.
This job is broadly open to the following groups:
- UK nationals
- nationals of Commonwealth countries who have the right to work in the UK
- nationals of the Republic of Ireland
- nationals from the EU, EEA or Switzerland with settled or pre-settled status or who apply for either status by the deadline of the
- relevant EU, EEA, Swiss or Turkish nationals working in the Civil Service
- relevant EU, EEA, Swiss or Turkish nationals who have built up the right to work in the Civil Service
- certain family members of the relevant EU, EEA, Swiss or Turkish nationals
Working for the Civil Service
We recruit by merit on the basis of fair and open competition, as outlined in the Civil Service Commission’s
The Civil Service embraces diversity and promotes equal opportunities. As such, we run a Disability Confident Scheme (DCS) for candidates with disabilities who meet the minimum selection criteria.
The Civil Service welcomes applications from people who have recently left prison or have an unspent conviction.
Once this job has closed, the job advert will no longer be available. You may want to save a copy for your records.
Contact point for applicants
- Name : Colin McGeoch
- Email : [email protected]
- Telephone : 08001577194
Recruitment team :
- Email : [email protected]
Company: Social Security Scotland
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Job Location: Dundee,Scotland,UnitedKingdom
Application Deadline: N/A