WoJobz Provides best career solutions and following listing is to apply for takealotcom in CapeTown,WesternCape,SouthAfrica 2022 exclusively on wojobz.com
About the job
Mr D, a division of takealot.com, is looking for a highly talented BI Manager to join our team in Cape Town.
We are a young, dynamic, hyper growth company looking for smart, creative, hard-working people with integrity to join us!
Think you’ve been challenged before? Think again!
- Scale: Show the millions of Mr D customers what you can do
- Learn: We work with the best of the best, and then some. Code alongside industry leaders and upskill in record time.
- Grow: Expand your career in the fast-growing Takealot Group: takealot.com, Superbalist.com and Mr D. We like to promote from within: Here’s your chance.
Who’s Who In The Tech Space
- This position reports to Takealot Group’s BI Manager
Your mission, should you choose to accept it:
- Lead the execution, implementation and maintenance of Mr D BI strategy in line with the Takealot Group’s overall Data Strategy based on an event-driven and real-time architecture (Kappa Architecture)
- Responsible for the full life-cycle development, implementation, production support, and performance tuning of the Enterprise Data Warehouse, Data Marts, and Business Intelligence Reporting environments.
- Operational efficiency management of team including: weekly sprints, stand-ups, team member business involvement/engagement and general performance of direct reports
- Work with stakeholders to understand the mechanics/drivers behind team KPIs, with the long-term vision of allowing the business to shift to taking a more proactive approach to outcomes and performance
- Use these defined mechanics to begin to initiate insights development for Mr D by improving data capabilities and analysis (including: ad hoc queries, calculated tables, automated scripts, dashboards, etc.) providing departments the ability to not only monitor but also deep-dive and uncover insights where necessary
- Monitoring dashboards and data tools provided to the business to ensure continued accuracy and value-add
- Ensuring that the data pipelines and general support infrastructure continue to run and operate in the most efficient manner.
- Provide operational support, bug fixes, and performance enhancements.
- Work with business owners/stakeholders to understand and translate their functional requirements into technical documentation with clear articulation of definitions, data sources, audience, frequency, business decisions supported – reducing development time spent on requirements gathering and ultimately allowing the BI developers to be more efficient with their development time
- Work on ad-hoc data analytics to assist with specific requests
- Provide continuous feedback to the BI team on the usefulness and quality of the capabilities developed. Iterate on the requirements process until tools satisfy intended use, and stakeholders can answer questions and drive decisions.
- Responsible for the evaluation and assessment of the BI Team members’ performance, including regular one-on-one’s, reviews and providing feedback to their manager.
- Direct reporting line for the BI Team, responsible for approving their leave and providing support
- Maintaining good team morale, ensuring proper cohesion and motivating team members to continuously improve performance
- Reporting back on the team’s performance and progress on a regular basis
- Bring together crucial pieces of information such as competitor performance, operational performance, global tech advancements and trends – assessing from both an internal (BI) analysis and external research perspective
- Work with Exco to ensure that daily objectives, reports, metrics and activities align with the company’s longer-term strategy
- Collaborate on design and implementation of a Data Governance plan that will fit into our Takealot Group Data Strategy. That includes data dictionary specification, process definition, policies design and execution, among others.
The skills we need:
- Ability to lead a team of analysts and engineers
- Project management skills
- Hands-on and lead by example
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree at a reputable academic institution with specialization in a relevant field (Statistics; Computer Science; Data Science; Information Systems); or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in business intelligence or data analytics
- Some experience in leading a team
- Strong analytical thinker with the ability to link broader long-term business strategy to the operational requirements from business stakeholders
- Keen understanding of business KPIs and the value drivers behind them
- Minimum 3 years experience using BI reporting tools (e.g. QlikView, Tableau, Microsoft Power BI, Looker, etc.)
- Minimum 3 years SQL experience
- Retail, e-commerce or delivery industry experience beneficial
- Knowledge of one or more business functional areas.
- Experience using Looker, BigQuery and Dataform is advantageous
- OLAP and multidimensional cube design experience
- Have experience with Build Systems (Jenkins, Gitlab, Spinnaker)
- Have experience with Google Cloud, or another cloud provider (architecture, operations)
- High proficiency in working with large data sets and business models
- Experience with Domain Driven Design (DDD) is advantageous
- Experience working in Scrum and Sprint Agile methodologies is advantageous
- Python Experience would be advantageous
Let’s talk about life @ Mr D
- The power is in your hands: We offer a market-related, Total Remuneration Package which allows full flexibility according to your needs. Go on, be the master of your own destiny.
- No doors: We aren’t fans of stuffy offices or siloed work environments. See someone you like? High five, collab and make something great.
- Remote working: Love water cooler chats and working from home? We offer a hybrid working model for the best of both worlds.
- Mentorship programme: We aren’t kidding when we say the people with the best people win. Now’s your chance to be one of the best, by learning from the best.
- Naspers Tech Community & Online Learning: Share ideas and grow with global industry leaders who are all just a Slack message away. Love to learn? Up-skill with free access to courses on MyAcademy, Udacity, Coursera and more.
- Good times: Get to know the other extraordinary minds in the takealot group during regular social events and out-of-office activities (think hikes, think mini golf, think good times).
- Birthday leave: Cake Day all the way. Enjoy your day off – you deserve it.
- Right tools, right job: Mac or Windows, two monitors or one. Whatever your preference, you’ll work on the latest tech, off the latest tech.
- Help when you need it most: Confidential counselling, legal support and financial guidance, for free, anytime, anywhere.
- Tech stack (for days): Angular, Python, Kotlin, Swift, AWS, Kafka, Redis, Docker, Kubernetes, IOT and all things machine learning. If you build it, they will come.
- Free parking: No more 5km fun runs to your desk (unless you want to).
Like what you see?
If you meet the above you are an Extraordinary Mind. Apply today!!
Mr D is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants from previously disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities will be given preference
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: CapeTown,WesternCape,SouthAfrica
Application Deadline: N/A