WoJobz Provides best career solutions and following listing is to apply for Tesco in WelwynGardenCity,England,UnitedKingdom 2022 exclusively on wojobz.com
About the job
Tesco is one of Europe’s largest retailers and accepts over 2.5 billion customer payments per year.
Our product vision is to make payment a reason to shop more of Tesco, more often. We offer payment services that are helpful, efficient, safe and rewarding. Our team enables customer payment innovation across a single, global, omnichannel retail platform that is unique to Tesco.
The Principal Product Manager will own the product vision & strategy for payments. They are Tesco’s domain expert, traversing team boundaries, managing trade-offs, and able to collaborative confidently with both technical and non-technical audiences. The Principal Product Manager will empower Product Managers and Engineers to deliver with speed and impact.
They will initiate product discovery, identifying opportunities to incrementally support the vision in ways which are valuable (and usable) for customers, technically feasible, and viable for the Tesco business.
They will be obsessive about the role of payments play in customers’ lives and how payments impact customers’ overall experience with Tesco. They will combine market, internal and customer perspectives, to create the insights that focus our teams on the most important problems to solve for Tesco customers. They will track and emerging trends and technologies and understand how these can solve payments problems for customers in new ways.
They will work as part of the Payments team in Tesco Technology, a cross functional Agile product development team of engineers, technology product managers and programme managers. We are based in office locations in the United Kingdom (London and Welwyn Garden City), India (Bengaluru) and Hungary (Budapest). We are responsible for payment experience and processing for all Tesco markets globally. Working locally, thinking globally!
Our core purpose
Serving our customers, communities and planet a little better every day.
Serving our customers, communities and planet a little better every day means we always keep customers at the heart of what we do, while also reflecting our responsibilities to the communities we serve and to society more broadly.
Customers: Everything we do begins and ends with our customers. By understanding our customers, we can anticipate and respond to their needs and expectations. As a Group we serve a wide range of different customers, in different settings, from retail customers through to banking, mobile, Booker’s wholesale customers, and dunnhumby’s retailer and supplier clients.
Communities: The role we play in the thousands of communities we serve is vital – whether it’s creating good jobs, supporting local suppliers and producers, or helping local causes through our community programmes.
Planet: Our commitment to sustainability is core to our business. It drives our work across our own operations and our supply chain to reduce our environmental impact and support a healthier way of living.
Key people and teams you will work with
- Your Product Development team (Product, Programme, Engineering, Analytics)
- Partner product teams, building out API services for Tesco’s Global Retail Platform
- Tesco Till application team, building our new in-house POS experience ‘Tesco Till’
- Online application team, building the UK’s #1 platform to shop and experience grocery and adjacent categories online
- Store Operations teams
- Group safety, service, shrinkage and security teams
- Colleagues and business stakeholders across all functions across Tesco
- Suppliers, 3rd Parties
- The wider payment industry
Experiences relevant for this role
- Payments domain expert and well connected across the payments industry. A network that includes schemes, PSPs, and other merchant teams in non-competing markets would be an advantage. They will have a close knowledge of thebusiness of payments, the role of parties in the value chain and economics.
· Manage an API platform as a product to enable digital transformation and create new lines of business
· Build scalable, resilience transactional services as part of a wider service orientated architecture for multiple consumers and front-end apps to use
· Business process mapping, workflow optimisation, human centred design
· Technically competent to influence and understand the solution context and approach (legacy, tactical, strategic) and aid engineering in estimating the complexity of work being requested
· Have proven success in leading a team of highly talented and opinionated product managers and taken multiple ideas from conception to go-live, through standard software product development lifecycle and got measurable success across defined Outcomes and Key Results
· Efficient in stakeholder management and has ability to steer the team in the right direction by putting best team members in the most value generating Products/ Business priorities
Skills relevant for this role
Product Vision and Strategy
- Works across the market, industry, and organisation to drive a product vision
- Knows the business strategy and is experienced in aligning their product vision to it
- Creates, leads, and implements product strategy
- Implements an outcome focused mindset in the team
- Strong technical knowledge
- A strategic thinker. Experience looking ahead and making minor corrections to avoid bottlenecks in the future.
- Has managed a roadmap for a portfolio of products
- Knows the difference between waterfall vs. agile
- Experience of working in different flavours of agile
- Experience coaching others to lead the ceremonies involved in an agile process and knows the purpose of them
- Strong working relationships with Researchers, Designers and Analysts
- Experience providing direction to multiple product teams
- Uses a range of research techniques to deliver value
- Uses personas effectively
- Different design and testing techniques e.g. AB tests. Coaches others on what the results mean
- Instils a test and learn culture that encourages innovation
- Considers safety, security, and privacy from the outset
Delivery and Optimisation
- Prioritises effectively
- Makes decisions based on data
- Tests the riskiest assumption first
- Delivers value in slices
- Manages dependencies
- Keeps everyone informed, up to date and aligned
- Has delivered change in a Retail environment (in-store, online)
- Collaboration: You work across the business to achieve shared success
- Empathy: You build strong relationships with customers and colleagues
- Responsiveness: You are agile in the way you think, make decisions and handle change
- Resilience: You know your own source of energy and keep yourself fit for life
- Innovation: You keep your eyes open so you can lead the business for the future
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: WelwynGardenCity,England,UnitedKingdom
Application Deadline: N/A