WoJobz Provides best career solutions and following listing is to apply for TheStudio in SouthAfrica 2022 exclusively on wojobz.com
About the job
The/Studio is a fast-growing start-up on a mission to create more equality in the world by empowering all individuals to pursue their entrepreneurial spirit. We connect businesses with the best factories, giving them easy access to reliable inventory and capability to easily design and manufacture inspiring products. Our headquarters are in Los Angeles, California, but we are a truly global company with team-members across the U.S., Europe, Africa, South America, and Asia/Pacific. We have gone to a fully remote working platform so that we can attract the world’s best talent. We also have the rare distinction of being a profitable startup that has raised Silicon Valley capital.
We are looking to attract extremely intelligent, motivated people with massive aspirations to change the world by helping small businesses.
We’re looking for a Sr. Business Operations Manager who will lead our business operations and ensure that we are always operating at the highest standard. From day one, this individual will have an immediate impact on our productivity and growth, streamlining strategic initiatives, overseeing program management, and communicating objectives between departments. The ideal candidate will have proven experience in a business management role, someone who’s highly analytical and data-driven, and who’s not afraid to roll up their sleeves and who will help us understand critical insights of performance and how we leverage those insights to develop our overall strategy. Ultimately, we’re looking for someone who will thrive in a remote, fast-paced, startup environment.
This role is 100% remote from anywhere in the world, preferably in the Philippines.
What You’ll Do:
- Oversee daily operations through collaboration with senior management and department leaders
- Ensure all systems operate smoothly and align with our quality standards
- Maximize the efficiency of all business procedures
- Utilize data to implement workforce planning, sales initiatives, and drive strategy for all operations related functions
- Define new operational strategies, working with VP of Strategy & Operations, CEO, and executives on special projects
- Lead monthly business review meetings with leadership across the company, focused on aligning on performance, understanding and diagnosing key issues, and aligning on critical decisions.
- Experiment and scale with initiatives to improve business operations and efficiency across the company.
- Identify, plan, and execute projects and root cause analyses to improve our existing processes
- Set up meaningful KPIs across each department, and come up with a system on how to ensure your team is successful driving those KPIs
What We’re Looking For:
- Previous professional experience in operations or in a strategic role
- Bachelor’s degree required, master’s degree preferred.
- Experience working with distributed remote teams
- Math, finance and/or science background as this role requires analytical skills and comfort. Quantitative data analysis and modeling.
- Has a startup mentality and is willing to test new ideas
- Notable experience working in an e-commerce (and/or e-commerce accounts in a BPO) or software related setting.
- Strong experience building and executing complex processes.
- Strong communication and presentation skills, including experience presenting data & insights to executives.
- Strong ability to work with and collaborate cross-functionally with different team members, levels and skill sets.
- Strong business judgment and critical thinking skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, “self-starter” environment.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: SouthAfrica
Application Deadline: N/A