Website Tilbury Douglas
WoJobz Provides best career solutions and following listing is to apply for Tilbury Douglas in Leeds,England,UnitedKingdom 2022 exclusively on wojobz.com
About the job
We are looking for Engineers to come and work on a variety of Civils & drainage schemes throughout the North East region on the National Highways Scheme Delivery Framework, ranging from £250k – £2m Living within the North East region- ideally Leeds, Middlesbrough, York flexible to work days or nights with overnight stays dependent on site distance. The successful candidate will have a good knowledge of CDM and vast experience working on civils and drainage works.
The successful candidate will have overall responsibility for the technical viability of the project works, (or part of the project works). Participate in the health and safety, quality, environmental and commercial management of the project.
- Maintaining excellent and effective working relationships with the customer and their representatives/advisors;
- Implementing Tilbury Douglas Construction’s Strategy and Policies for Sustainability, Health and Safety, Quality, Environmental, Training and Development etc. and acting as an exemplar of the Company culture and values;
- Implementing the Companies Business Management System;
- Being proactive in the identification and resolution of problems;
- Supporting initiatives to deliver ongoing continuous improvement;
- Line management responsibilities, including the undertaking of annual appraisal and development for junior members of staff;
- Ensuring that the project works comply with the requirements of the contract specification and drawings etc. and maintaining appropriate records etc to confirm such compliance;
- Any other duties relevant to the role.
Knowledge skills & experience
- Appropriate technical knowledge and main contractor construction experience;
- Degree (or similar equivalent) in a relevant construction subject (essential);
- Safety Level 1 course;
- Appropriate CSCS Card;
- Comprehensive experience as a Site Engineer working for a main contractor (essential);
- Experience as a Graduate or Trainee Site Engineer.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to use own initiative;
- Problem solving skills;
- Ability to plan and manage time;
- Strong attention to detail.
In return for your valued contribution, we offer the following benefits packages:
- Competitive salary
- 26 days annual leave (with the opportunity to buy or sell up to 3 days holiday)
- Private medical insurance for yourself (with the option to buy family cover)
- Life Assurance
- Defined contribution pension scheme matched up to 8%
- 2 days volunteering opportunities
- Flexible and Agile working (dependent on your role)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Professional membership fees
- Flexible Benefits scheme which includes the opportunity to purchase benefits such as:
- Critical illness insurance (with option to purchase for your partner)
- Dental Insurance
- Travel insurance
- Bike to work scheme
- Retail vouchers/payroll giving/activity pass for top leisure attractions
It is our people that make Tilbury Douglas Construction a success. We believe that our inclusive culture encourages new ways of thinking, enabling us to innovate whilst maintaining our resilience. We value and celebrate all individual differences and look forward to receiving your application.
Company: Tilbury Douglas
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Leeds,England,UnitedKingdom
Application Deadline: N/A