WoJobz Provides best career solutions and following listing is to apply for Ubisense in Cambridge,England,UnitedKingdom 2022 exclusively on wojobz.com
About the job
Company: Ubisense Ltd
Position: Senior Product Support Engineer
Location: Headquarters (Cambridge, UK)
Reports to: Global Head of Support & Delivery
In this role, you will be a key part of the Product Support team, setting up and operating Ubisense Smart Space solutions in the cloud and helping our field teams and customers make best use of our products and fixing challenging technical problems wherever they are encountered.
You will provide third-level product support and consultancy to our worldwide delivery services, pre-sales and customer support teams. You will be a technical expert on Ubisense’s location tracking systems and technologies. You will be expected to provide creative solutions to problems and queries regarding every aspect of Ubisense’s products. For those customers, where the Ubisense solution is hosted in the cloud, you will plan, set up, monitor and maintain the instances on a daily basis.
This role interfaces with field teams worldwide (but primarily in Europe and the US), and so will inevitably require the successful candidate to make themselves available for meetings or on-call support late in the day in the U.K.
Although travel to client sites is expected to be rare, occasional UK and international travel is required.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Expert support of Ubisense hardware, software and systems; many running in mission-critical applications in automotive, aerospace and similar manufacturing industries
- To be available (on call) to provide assistance to Support & Delivery personnel working in Central Europe and in the US.
- Plan, setup, monitor and maintain customer Smart Space instances within the Ubisense cloud
- Working with field teams and our development team to streamline product support procedures
- Training customer-facing support teams and engineers
- Working together with our Software Engineering team in testing and releasing new product versions
- Participation in release cycles to ensure immediate support coverage of new products
Skills – Required
- Excellent technical ability across a broad range of subjects/disciplines, such as:
- Distributed software systems
- Cloud based systems, preferably on AWS
- Network protocols
- Managed switches
- DHCP and DNS servers
- HTTP servers
- Security protocols and associated architectures
- Virtualisation and Elastic Computing
- Extensive experience in both Windows Server and Linux environments
- Experience with radio-based systems like RFID, UWB or BLE a plus
- Strong academic background with good degree in computer science, engineering, physics or related subject.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to track down and fix complex hardware and systems problems
Skills – Desired
- Significant experience working within a similar support function is highly desirable. Some consultancy experience is considered to be a plus.
- Scripting skills, and ability to perform ad-hoc scripting, would be an advantage.
- Outstanding and demonstrable trouble-shooting ability
- Clear thinker
- Creative, self-starting problem solver, with natural curiosity into the inner workings of complex systems
- Previous experience of building strong internal customer relationships
- Ability to remain positive and deliver results under pressure
- Good time management and prioritisation skills
- Good communication, presentation and training skills.
Ubisense is the global market leader in precise Real-Time Location Systems (RTLS), providing enterprise business automation by tracking objects and people with unmatched accuracy and reliability, and enabling visibility and control of previously intractable business challenges. Ubisense location consultants work with a network of partners to deliver and manage some of the largest and most complex geospatial and RTLS implementations in the world.
The Company’s key strengths are:
- a precise RTLS which utilizes ultra-wideband (UWB) sensor technology to locate objects in real time to an accuracy of six inches in 3D
- a Smart Space software platform upon which end-to-end real-time visibility systems can be built, enabling manufacturing, transportation, and safety applications, as well as many other diverse use cases across a wide variety of industries
- the quality, ingenuity, and professionalism of its staff.
Our products deliver unprecedented levels of precision, responsiveness, reliability, and scalability. Integrated development tools and open APIs make it simple to develop and deploy robust and scalable location-aware applications.
The Company is headquartered in Cambridge, England and Denver, Colorado with a unique market position in what is broadly categorized as the Industrial Internet of Things market.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cambridge,England,UnitedKingdom
Application Deadline: N/A