Website UICGS Bowhead Family of Companies
WoJobz Provides best career solutions and following listing is to apply for UICGS Bowhead Family of Companies in Andros Town, North Andros, The Bahamas 2022 exclusively on wojobz.com
Bowhead seeks a Mate/Captain to operate Navy vessels out of Andros Island Bahamas supporting the Atlantic Undersea Test and Evaluation Center (AUTEC). The Vessel Master/Boat Captain will work to work as part of a close knit team, as well as independently, to accomplish a range of maritime functions as you support AUTEC.
As a member of the team you will: Operate AUTEC’s marine vessels and associated marine equipment, when not operating assigned vessel you will perform maintenance duties to ensure vessel readiness or fill in to operate other vessels. The Vessel Master/Boat Captain will ensure that the vessel is prepared and ready to depart to meet the assigned schedule.
- Responsible for the safe operation of small craft and ocean going vessels up to and over 160′ in length, operate the vessel following inland and international rules-of-the-road using radar, GPS, and other navigational aids.
- Conducting pre-evolution briefs, Safety Briefs, Shipboard Drills such as man-overboard, fire and flooding casualty drills, conducting navigation briefs which include the planning and execution of the exercise voyage plan, ensuring the safety of all crew and passengers, managing all crew assets to safely and effectively accomplish the AUTEC exercise plan, navigating the vessel in a safe manner which maximizes the AUTEC exercise plan execution and minimizes risk, while underway ensuring the vessel position is monitored to remain in safe and navigable waters and accomplishing all post mission debriefings and documentation.
- Ability to interact directly with the Project Manager, Senior Maintenance Engineer, Chief Engineers, government personnel on a daily basis to meet schedule commitments and maintain effective communication.
- Must be a U.S citizen.
- Must be eligible to obtain and maintain a U.S government security clearance.
- Ten plus years of large ocean going vessel operations experience preferred. Certifications: USCG Mate 500 Ton Oceans license (or greater) or equivalent USCG License, Radar, Bridge Resource Management, and STCW certifications and endorsements. Basic and Advanced Firefighting Training, First aid/CPR certification, and Management Level STCW Certification.
- Five years of near coastal vessel operations experience, USCG Master 100 Ton license, or greater, Radar and STCW certifications and endorsements, First aid/CPR Certification; and STCW Certification.
- Valid passport and Driver’s licensed required. Must be able to reside in remote location with limited medical facilities
- 40 hour HAZWOPPER certified- preferred
- Prior Military experience is a plus.
- Experience operating vessels under conditions requiring precise navigation, station keeping, close quarter maneuvering, precision anchoring, and specialized testing operations.
- Intermediate to advanced level skills in Microsoft Office software suite – Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees and outside contacts
- Strong interpersonal skills and good judgment with the ability to work alone or as part of a team
- Must be able to occasionally lift up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to stand and walk for prolonged amounts of time
- Must be able to twist, bend and squat periodically
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Must be able to maintain a security clearance at the Secret level. US Citizenship is a requirement for Secret clearance at this location.
In accordance with Executive Order 14042: Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, candidates should be aware that they may be required to have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire.
Company: UICGS Bowhead Family of Companies
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Andros Town, North Andros, The Bahamas
Application Deadline: N/A